Anthrax can suck my cock...

I'm tired of reading about the people who are tired of reading about other people whining and bitching. Why don't we all sit down with a big glass of shut the f*ck up and enjoy what we have.

Anyone that blames Sanctuary should get their heads out of their asses IMMEDIATELY.

How many record companies you know that are willing to put out a DVD/CD package for a band that DOES NOT sell well in the States ???

I bought by copy since I am a long-time fan and still enjoy their music (although I wasn'y into the last couple of albums) and guess where I got it ... at fuckin' Best Buy and at a great price too.

It's getting way too ridiculous with Charlie and Scott whining constantly and make no mistake it IS whining, I just don't want Anthrax to become the next Metallica with all the sobbing.

Time to "Be All, End All" instead of "Bitch All, Cry All".

Besides, I have two copies of ATL, S442, SOWN & Vol8. What else can I do? I bought MMD in dvd form. I post, I praise, I saw them twice on the last tour, Flint,Mi and the "scary ghetto" Harpos in Detroit. I bugged my towns only rock stations P.D. I emailed the Zone in Chicago. I stayed up and taped that stupid guys show from MTV when they were on. I bought a copy of calendar girls and am looking for the copy of thier "Married..." episode. I ignored the BS and secrecy with the Frank situation...

I dont feel like I am fully appreiated in the loud hot filthy nasty greasy toxic factory I work in, but I keep plugging along, don't I?

I aint gonna cover my Kiss army tat, but am a full fledged Anthrax fan - so quit whing and have your mgmt team work some OT on the PR side, OK?

Oh, hurry up with the WCFYA follow-up too, ok?

By the way it was written, it's gotta be from the horse's mouth. If Mr. Wu is Charlie, or anyone in the band for that matter, ashaman's post was replied to incredibly fast. That shows one thing. Care. Most band members would be in a hot tub with a bunch of bikini clad sexpots not giving two shits. I've been an enormous fan from the get go (I was 8). That post by Mr. Wu just reinforced it with admantium.

:headbang: :Smokin:

coop said:
Although you make some valid points, using "Anthrax can suck my cock" as your subject heading pretty much shoots your credibility straight to hell.

Rich

Yea Ash....it was a little bit harsh... :err:

Yeah I have to agree with everyone on here...Sanctuary is kinda doing a piss poor job right now with them.Maybe this is the reason the band is touring so much is to get exposure. I think the guys have a right to be disappointed because all these years of getting screwed around would kinda get under your skin after a while.I personally think they should start their own label and get some good distribution.That way they can personally see to it that their music is getting pushed and getting heard IMO...

You want proof on how bad Sanctuary Records is? They actually had a representative of their label on this very message board asking to NOT vote for Anthrax in Chicago's 94.7 THE ZONE poll. Whos is looking out for Anthrax?

Another point, who here hasn't expressed any anger about their job to anyone? It's human nature. Until I get that job putting lotion on the girls at the Playboy mansion, I'll probably always complain about my job at least once in a while.

jdelpi said:
You want proof on how bad Sanctuary Records is? They actually had a representative of their label on this very message board asking to NOT vote for Anthrax in Chicago's 94.7 THE ZONE poll. Whos is looking out for Anthrax?

Another point, who here hasn't expressed any anger about their job to anyone? It's human nature. Until I get that job putting lotion on the girls at the Playboy mansion, I'll probably always complain about my job at least once in a while.
I'd still complain that there aren't enough hours in a day.

But yeah, I remember that about someone asking us to stop voting for Thrax. They wanted Tesla to get the #1 spot, not Thrax.

tons of bands out there are having problems due to cd stores not stocking stuff or idiots downloading cds but they don't make the mistake in their comments to come off as whiners like scott and charlie. I have been huge Anthrax fans since around 1988 when I first heard them(alittle late) while in basic training in the army thanks to a co army buddy. I am not going to be an Anthrax fanboy and pretend that what they do sometimes isn't the stupidest stuff I have ever seen.

First off, there are tons of online cd stores that had the new cds and dvds. Alot more people are going thru online rather than cd stores because, guess what, we knew cd stores weren't reliable for most metal releases along time ago. They only stock the current trend whether it was during grunge, nu rock, and now that idiotic metalcore stuff.

Charlie and the boys sure know how to pick them labels to support them. Second, they seem so out of the loop metal wise when they mentioned metal was dead. It is thriving in the underground. I laughed when they sounded like lacuna coil and dimmu borgir were some sort of new band. The internet can be your friend. It can also be your enemy and Anthrax have to be right up there with Metallica in really using it unwisely.

I have no urge to get into any online arguments so if you disagree with me, that is your right. Anthrax put themselves in this hole.. I liked the joey years and I like the john years but due to them choosing to due the lineup change during the big grunge taking over metal years, alot of people forgot about anthrax. I am not saying Testament,exodus, and death angel are flying off the shelves but they stuck to their guns, are positive, and things are looking good. They get positive support from underground kids who in return go out of their way to push it to the kids that know no better than jock metal bands such as superjoint ritual, devildriver,etc. You win those kids over and then you start gaining in cd sells.

As for the new anthrax dvd, it has been at http://www.theendrecords.com/omega and http://www.cduniverse.com

Not only did Sanctuary ask us, THE ANTHRAX FANS, to let Tesla win, but when we refused, they took Anthrax off the poll!!!!!
And btw, there have been dozens of people supporting Charlie's comments from his Blast Beat. A lot of these are from people who are in a band as well.
They agree with him 110%.

No one ever thought Lacuna Coil or Dimmu were new bands.
Charlie saying that metal is dead in the U.S. was in comparison to Europe. We are well aware of how good the underground scene is here in the states. The difference is in Europe it's way above ground. Labels, media, promoters all treat this music the way it deserves to be treated because bands are selling records and tickets.
Go ask Exodus and Death Angel where they prefer to play. The reason these bands even made new records is because of Nuclear Blast and the demand in Europe.
And FYI, Sound Of White Noise sold more than all the previous records after the vocal change and during the grunge years.

yeah i mean what can u do,the whole industry is ratshit,lets face it cds are way to dear,on the other hand its not a wise thing to sign for more than one album deals,probably the smartest thing philip anselmo said was u dont start a career with sanctuary u end it on one,luckily for him and his exposure from pantera they will do there contract and get on a better label,then who knows a bigger label might not promote them either it is just a lucky dip i guess,i dont know what else u can say!!!

Hey, Charlie needed to vent.
Best place to do it is amongst friends.

It's all BS, as far as I'm concerned. They should be a Mega-band by now, but all this other crap keeps popping up. I would've already went postal on someone by now.

Another thing we tend to forget, which Charlie mentioned. This is their career. Not just some fucking hobby.
People poor their hearts and souls into their careers. (I know I do) Otherwise, it's just a 'job'.

Mr. Wu said:
No one ever thought Lacuna Coil or Dimmu were new bands.
Charlie saying that metal is dead in the U.S. was in comparison to Europe. We are well aware of how good the underground scene is here in the states. The difference is in Europe it's way above ground. Labels, media, promoters all treat this music the way it deserves to be treated because bands are selling records and tickets.
Go ask Exodus and Death Angel where they prefer to play. The reason these bands even made new records is because of Nuclear Blast and the demand in Europe.
And FYI, Sound Of White Noise sold more than all the previous records after the vocal change and during the grunge years.
Speaking of Death Angel, I looked at two different Best Buy stores for "The Art of Dying" and I came up empty. Those same stores both had copies of WCFYA and MOMD.

Rich

I have to agree w/ashaman on the points made. As well, fans might buy more of their stuff if they'd tour in the area. I'm a loyal fan(bought anything, and EVERYTHING on the day of release!!), but am about to give up! Thrax is about to bitch, whine, and moan their way into oblivion.