Anthrax to tour with Halford?

Feb 11, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
Thats what Blistering says, at least they say it is a rumor going around. I wonder what size venue this would play? Would Thrax want to open again? Unless they get a full set I would hope they don't do it.

I'd rather see them headlining, but if that's not an option (because of the current market value of Anthrax) I'd love to see them together (I would go to both shows anyway..;) )

It is just a RUMOR though. It makes sense on the surface because Anthrax have toured with Fight and with Priest. It doesn't matter to me, as long as they headline. Opening for Pantera was cool, but opening for the fake Judas Priest and for Motley Jew and Megadave on the Minimum Wage tour was lamer than this years Ozzfest. C'mon guys, I know you want to win some new fans, but there ain't nobody "new" or "young" at those shows. The 500 or so people in the crowd when you guys came out on those tours was us, the same ones who will pay you more $$$$$ to headline.

Originally posted by KY_Fried442
NO!!! please God not Halford!!!! I'd rather they open for some nu metal punks then tour with Halford.

Fuck that. Halford is the Metal GOD. Period. Who gives a rat's ass if he's older than dirt? The man still puts out some serious metal. He still hits the notes. And he still crushes the best of Priest in concert. I'm all for it.

Don't get me wrong, I have tons of respect for Halford but I'd just rather see them out with a band that would appeal to a wider audience.

a cool show that is within reason would be anthrax with bls or dimmu borgir,i think bands get scared of anthrax because of there fantastic live shows,not many bands today could match anthrax live period!!!

Originally posted by mrthrax
a cool show that is within reason would be anthrax with bls or dimmu borgir,i think bands get scared of anthrax because of there fantastic live shows,not many bands today could match anthrax live period!!!

dimmu borgir, in flames, cradle of filth, superjoint ritual, bls are all good choices as openers.

Originally posted by Cincy Vigilante
In Flames would be real cool to see again. I saw them open for Iced Earth and thay had a huge crowd there that left when they were over.

Cincy, this is an easy one to accomplish...go see the Flamers w/ Slayer when they hit OH. I'm a big fan of "mixed" genre metal shows; it opens doors for new fans OR gives you a break if it's not your cup of tea. Anyone remember when Anthrax toured w/ Exodus & Helloween? Perfect billing IMO!

Doesn't the label put the tour together? So who's on their label? Halford is. So he is a good candidate. They will probably add one more band. Who will that be? My vote is for Motorhead. Although we will probably get the Pet Shop Boys.

Well, if you look at it that way, I vote for W.A.S.P. beyond a shadow of a doubt!

I'd of course vote for some speedy power metal to fill the bill out, but that's probably why they don't let me put these things together. I mean come on! When the hell is Helloween getting back over here? :mad:

from Blabbermouth.net:

ANTHRAX: Rumors Of Tour With HALFORD "Totally False" - July 11, 2002

Despite widespread rumors to the contrary, there are currently no plans for ANTHRAX to team up with HALFORD for a North American tour in the fall, according to ANTHRAX's webmaster, who added that "it would be a cool tour, though…"

As previously reported, ANTHRAX's ninth studio album, entitled We've Come For You All, is scheduled for a late September/early October release through Sanctuary Records in North America and Nuclear Blast in Europe.