Anthrax...who gives a fuck?

schenkadere

Obey my dog!
Apr 24, 2005
NY
www.soundclick.com
What's the big fucking deal about Anthrax and why does anyone give a shit what they're doing? They're a mediocre left over thrash band...I can't imagine they're on the verge of doing anything earth shattering...they haven't yet. They have some ok songs. The most significant and influential work they were associated with was SOD.

Besides...this is Billy's forum...not Anthrax. He must get sick of the association after all these years.

Go ahead...you can all hate me and bash me, but really...enough of this Anthrax crap. Boo hoo...this singer that singer, who cares?...I just don't get it.

I think people still talk about Anthrax because at the time in the high point of their careers they were pretty damn entertaining and were great showmen. I think people still bitch about the band me included because we all know the 80s thrash movement was amazing and we want to relive it.

Thats my excuse anyways.

Go to Earache.com and buy the new Municipal Waste record if you want great thrash.

Fat Boy Billy's the one who brings up half of the Anthrax-related posts.

timmyc said:
Fat Boy Billy's the one who brings up half of the Anthrax-related posts.

Oh...if that's so...nevermind...that changes everything...they're awesome...duh!

I guess there's some bad blood there...I'll cut him some slack. They still suck and I still don't give a shit about them...snore!

I saw Anthrax Saturday in Cleveland and they far from suck. It was the most intense and intimate show I have ever seen. On stage the classic lineup RULES! Billy has gripes about how they have treated him personally and it seems to me he should. Charlie's clone (nephew) commented about my friends SOD shirt (now signed by Scott and Charlie) and I responded "Yeah we like Billy too!" Danny and Joey seemed the nicest of the bunch maybe because they have been out of the loop for a while. Scott was the only one to shake my hand even after I called him Jewcifer. Frank looked under the influence and real happy. Charlie didn't. Their onstage preformance was great, and their feud with anybody couldn't keep me from enjoying that. I will allways dream of seeing SOD no matter what. Bash 'em if you think they are pricks, fine but don't bash the music, unless you personally can do better.

"suck" is a little strong...nothing particularly special...is that better?

I'm not siding with Billy...I have no idea, nor do I care, nor is it any of my business what happened between them...if he cares to tell me one day, that's his business.

Musically speaking...I don't see the fascination. They obviously have a legion of loyal fans...I love metal and thrash as much as the next dude...but I just don't get the Anthrax thing.

Different strokes for different folks...I'm just wondering why they're a constant subjuect here...it's not an Anthrax site.

Then stop posting them. You started this one and Anthrax I don't get it. If you dont want to see anything about them then why do you keep typing in their name? No, this isn't an Anthrax forum so why do you insist on making it one. I also find it ironic how you start a thread about the GAYEST metal bands but you worship Judas Priest. WTF??? By the way, Anthrax is out on tour in support of Priest. Halford and Fight used to support Bushthrax on tour. I'm only going to headling Thrax shows because Judas Priest has sucked since Turbo Lover. Gayest Song EVER!!!!
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Agreed...Turbo Lover is totally gay and a waste of sound waves...it truly is horrible...but, Indians...wow that's a stroke of genius...how politically and socially aware! Geronimo!!! Yes, every song recorded by Anthrax is pure genius...they're all winners...not a bad song in the batch...especially that amazing rap stuff...ooo...shocking and ground breaking...how could a nowhere, fly by night glorified garage like Priest be mentioned in the same breath.

You should try to take a look back and see the impact and influence Priest had on metal...they are a defining band...it's not really much of a comparison to Anthrax...fan or not, anyone can tell you that. Really...what kind of fucking comparison is that...that's a fucking laugh. Maybe you can compare them to Sabbath or Maiden as well...that makes much sense...good job! What a scathing argument. You really showed me!

Just skip over the fact that you are the one starting the Anthrax threads and the only one bitching about there being so many. Yes, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath always did blow Judas Priest away. Your point? Can you play Indians or cause a crowd reaction like it does? I don't think so.

Bleearg said:
Just skip over the fact that you are the one starting the Anthrax threads and the only one bitching about there being so many. Yes, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath always did blow Judas Priest away. Your point? Can you play Indians or cause a crowd reaction like it does? I don't think so.

I started this in reaction to the recent flurry of posts. I am an accomplished guitarist. I've been playing for 25 years, so yes...of course I can play the scary and highly demanding Indians...as for the crowd reaction...now that's just silly...I don't beleive I'm a member of Anthrax. Can you play or get a croud (it's spelled "crowd") reaction like Priest even performing the "gayest song ever", Turbo Lover?

Your defense of your "friends" Anthrax is touching...I assume from post this that you know them, right? Very touchy! You take this very personally...a bit odd.

Oh...and "worship" Priest...I don't think so...I enjoy their music...I'm not going to act like a jilted girlfriend if someone says something contrary to my feelings. They collect my money from album and ticket sales...I don't have tea with them once a week...they don't come over and babysit for me...I have no personal attachment...I just like the music.

Your defense of your "friends" Anthrax is touching...I assume from post this that you know them, right? Very touchy! You take this very personally...a bit odd.
Hmm, where did I call them "friends"? If your gonna quote me maybe I should have said it.
Wow, I made a typo and caught it before you.
So where do I find this inspirational music of yours???