Anti Emo Riots in Mexico

One should not do violence to emo kids... one should taunt them from afar and pity them perhaps. :p

Yeah, I think I'm too old, too. I guess it's true that everything comes in cycles. Just never thought I'd see glam/punk/goth mixed so together.

At what point did it become FASHIONABLE, or even DESIRABLE... to be a scrawny twerp with horrible hair? When I fulfilled these requirements, I was called a NERD in high school! Just because Myspace made it popular to cover half your face with hair and limit your peripheral vision, does NOT make you cool.

Wear all the eye liner you want, kid... you're still a NERD.

Just never thought I'd see glam/punk/goth mixed so together.

That's how goth started, actually - the early goth bands were a cross between punk and David Bowie's glam rock. :)

I dislike the emo kids because everyone I have happened across is a "scene kid" who think that they are better than anyone else. Their music is frequently awful - the choruses sound like a donkey honking away over power chords. But I also feel sorry for the original emo people, whose music I don't like but was markedly different than what is now called "emo." It started out as one music style, but the media decided to use the term for something that was only superficially similar. I always feel sympathy for people who are true to their musical "scene" who then have it stolen from them and handed off to callow idiots.

At what point did it become FASHIONABLE, or even DESIRABLE... to be a scrawny twerp with horrible hair? When I fulfilled these requirements, I was called a NERD in high school! Just because Myspace made it popular to cover half your face with hair and limit your peripheral vision, does NOT make you cool.

Wear all the eye liner you want, kid... you're still a NERD.

That summed up my attitude pretty well.