Any abstract metal?

try this group called 'section a' (i think its swedish)....i got off my friends cd, but i cant seem to find any review, interview or writeup about the band....its amazing stuff

also try pain of salvation if u havent already heard it....amazing shit!!

\m/ \m/

dimensionidol said:
KHANATE...

they are more than abstract...

kind of metaphisical doom...

:D

ugh... Khanate is just hard to listen to.

HEY, HALF OF OUR MUSIC IS FEEDBACK AND OUR SINGER SOUNDS LIKE HE'S GOTTA SHIT! AREN'T WE BRILLIANT?

i mean... even the feedback sounds the same... i thought there were different feedback sounds, but nooooooo.

So far, I've only heard Pan Thy Monium and I'm listening to Khanate right now. Pan Thy Monium is awesome, unfortunately only 2 real songs are on Khaos and Konfusion and the other 2 songs consisting of ambience(which was interesting) and a minute of silence. If they had more songs I would've given the album a 10. Khanate, is...interesting. I'll probably have to get used to the feedback after a while. I'll be sure to try out afew other bands soon. Cheers guys.

a7r0phy said:
ugh... Khanate is just hard to listen to.

HEY, HALF OF OUR MUSIC IS FEEDBACK AND OUR SINGER SOUNDS LIKE HE'S GOTTA SHIT! AREN'T WE BRILLIANT?

i mean... even the feedback sounds the same... i thought there were different feedback sounds, but nooooooo.

I agree, I don't like it. Of course, I'm not one for doom, at all, especially drone doom.

I've listened to Khanate 5 times so far. All I can say is...yes very abstract but what the fuck?

It sounds like feedback has taken over Khold(another doom metal band)...It's interesting I'll give you that but feedback is very annoying.

xxChaoticManifestoxx said:
Can someone recommend me some abstract metal. Something more than just death metal or thrash or etc...I love Maudlin of the Well, Opeth, Cynic, Ephel Duath, Isis, Kayo Dot... I need more music....Can also someone recommend me a good Neurosis album? Thanks peeps.

Get Atheist esp Elements, Bal-Sagoth, Atrox, Pestilence later stuff, Coroner, Watchtower etc