Any Country Music Fans?

My father loves Country Singers like Garth Brooks but i'm not really into it, there are for sure a few good songs but nothing that i really like. Mostly it's just too happy and everything ;)

I can't stand it. It goes along side with punk and rap music in the categories of music genre that I absolutely cannot stand. I'm sure there might be other genres I refuse to listen to, but I can't think of them at the moment :D

I dont like the music, but as long as they dont start the fucking dance to it, it is ok...

<lousy humor>
(grab your partner dosido, and throw her out the front window!!!!)
</lousy humor>

I have a LP of country music that a friend of mine gave me as a present (because he didn´t have a vynil player anymore...) when I was 9 years old...I remember I used to listen to it, but now the Lp is in a horrible condition, full of scratches...
Never bought country music after that...
Sometimes I go dancing folk dances, I also took a class in Irish dances...but it´s not exactely country music.

It depends on what you call country music.
I hate those bands playing joyful music in front of dancers I mean...
But I kinda like songwriters who use just their voice and guitar to express dark things. Will Oldham, Mark Kozelek for example are musicians I have a deeper respect for.
If you want to hear some very very very dark country influenced music, why son't you try to listen to the latest solo album of Neurosis' Steve von Till "If I should fall to the Field"? It's the first time a banjo gives me thrills....

Originally posted by the-lull
If you want to hear some very very very dark country influenced music, why son't you try to listen to the latest solo album of Neurosis' Steve von Till "If I should fall to the Field"? It's the first time a banjo gives me thrills....

I accidentally stumbled upon Steve von Till yesterday evening while surfing a site that is really great, i downloaded 2 songs from the album "As the crow flies" and i was really impressed!
The song "Twice born" is awesome, i gotta go see if i can find the album here anywhere ;)

Btw, the link to the site i mentioned is www.epitonic.com
They have some good acoustic/folk underground music, check it out :)

Originally posted by Demons N Wizards
Well i was just wondering because i love my country music
Johnny Cash is cool!!!:cool:
icon14.gif
..But, the rest of country music..:puke: ..And the more-modern country music makes me want to tear my ears off!!!:bah:

I like some country stuff, but more I like Irish Folk. The "Irish Descendants" are really really good.
And Johnny Cash surely rules, but I prefer his two latest albums rather than his older country-like struff.

I really really dislike country music. As well, any "twang" to me sounds like hands on a chaulkboard. I'd rather be stuck in a place where all I can hear is someone rap about how many times he's sold out to the man, than hear country music. And don't tell me that I haven't been exposed to it propely, my coworker used to blast it at work and sing along. I swear I heard him talk more times about his dead momma, his gimp horse and his rusty shotgun than was humanly possible. GAW.