Any Country Music Fans?

Well I don't mind some country .. not keen on the hardcore country (blue grass???). I probably have somewhere between 30 and 50 country albums. Lucinda Williams and Kasey Chambers are two of my favs. The problem wish country music is that it is as manufactured as pop in a lot of cases. It is just trying to find the good ones :)

Not my genre of choice, but I don't complain too loudly if it's playing. Those country guys come up with some really good funny stuff once in a while. It's also good music to have playing when doing labor-intensive work, especially of the casual variety.

Originally posted by the-lull
It depends on what you call country music.
I hate those bands playing joyful music in front of dancers I mean...
But I kinda like songwriters who use just their voice and guitar to express dark things. Will Oldham, Mark Kozelek for example are musicians I have a deeper respect for.

exactly!

btw i prefer folk, but it's often quite difficult to name the difference between country and folk..?

I love Alternative Country stuff like 16 Horsepower, Tarnation, Slim Cessna's Auto Club, etc.

BUMP!

Yes, Tarnation is really awesome, I really recommend it to you guys.
Their music can be described as "Country-music that occasionally jumps into a pool of LSD", so they're not your typical line-dance country pop. Seriously they're like The Portishead of countrymusic. Been listening to their album Mirador quite a lot today. And the funny thing is, I don't even like country music at all. Except for these guys.:loco:

country comes along nice once in a while.. johnny cash, willie nelson but beyond that I'm kinda lost..
some of Grateful Dead's stuff has a country element to it which I can't help but love! (Workingman's Dead, American Beauty) though it's more country-rock/folk-rock then it is pure country