any depeche mode fans?

I havent yet heard the new album, but hope to shortly. I've been a big fan of Depeche Mode for many years and would say that their best albums would be Violator, followed by Ultra and Music for the Masses. Definitely a band worth getting into...

gone said:
You like Dimmu Borgir and slag Depeche Mode? Figure it out

I agree!

But different people just feel music at it's own way.

Depeche Mode is not just a 80's Pop band. It's very dark and a big influence for many metal bands.
Draggon, maybe you listen to some stuff and find it really cool but you simply don't now that you're listening to Depeche Mode in metal version...

Oblique Rain said:
It's very dark and a big influence for many metal bands.
Draggon, maybe you listen to some stuff and find it really cool but you simply don't now that you're listening to Depeche Mode in metal version...

what your saying is very possible,but here in the states,from all the people i've talked to in the past few days here in the US, DM is considered top 40 pop,not even close to metal,your talking about the lyrics and not the style of music itself.yes or no?

haha DMode Top 40?? yea right anyways....

True, there's no doubt that DMode has been an influence to various European metal bands. Hell, even Peter Lindgren from Opeth has mentioned that DMode has been somewhat of an influence in their music, he doesn't say how, but fuck,for Peter to recognize DMode made me more of an Opeth fan.

draggon said:
what your saying is very possible,but here in the states,from all the people i've talked to in the past few days here in the US, DM is considered top 40 pop,not even close to metal,your talking about the lyrics and not the style of music itself.yes or no?

There are albums from DM that are top 40, really early stuff. Remember that song Just cant get enough....But, listen to songs of faith and devotion, Ultra, Playing the angel, just to name a few and youll hear something special indeed.

draggon said:

No. I'm talking also about their music with extremely depressive ambiences and that's where you can find a lot in common with many metal bands. If you place some distortion and metal drums in their sound you would get some great metal masterpieces. Of course they do not sound as a metal band, but they could if they wanted to.

Listen to the new song from the "The Great Cold Distance". Track n.2 "Deliberation". It's strongly influenced by DM. Then listen to DM album "Ultra".

draggon said:
oops my bad,i thought this was a metal forum,not a 80's pop band forum,my mistake,SORRY!
i guess when i registered here, i didn't notice that contract you had to agree to saying you could like more than one type of music...

I love Depeche and PTA sounds really good, apparently. i'll have to check it out.

draggon said:
i second your motion hahaha

tool,katatonia,dimmu borgir and therion are all i live to.

haha.....wow....4 bands.....it must suck to live to 4 bands......no matter how good they are.......I would suggest opening your mind and closing your mouth before you make a complete retard out of yourself.....you happen to be slamming a band that has influenced Katatonia.....so maybe you should think of it that way.....

Depeche Mode: People Are People vs. FOCKEWULF-190: Gitano

Do you people, see any similarity between:

Depeche Mode: People Are People
and
FOCKEWULF-190: Gitano?

Thnx.