Any Kamelot fans out here?

superfreak

Sajid 'Sarj' Masood
Mar 7, 2008
India
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, I'm working on a cover of "Center Of The Universe" by Kamelot and I need someone to track the bass and the rhythm/lead guitars. Anybody interested?

I adore Kamelot,
but I find guitars to be the weakest link there. As much as they write amazing songs, the guitar performances in my opinion are just terrible.

On a happier note, I would be thrilled to hear a cover

I remember the kickass cover of Abandoned you did a while back. Can't wait to hear results. :)

Thank you Plankis! I'm pretty excited about this cover. I'm working on another one as well, "Forever" from their Karma album.

I adore Kamelot,
but I find guitars to be the weakest link there. As much as they write amazing songs, the guitar performances in my opinion are just terrible.

On a happier note, I would be thrilled to hear a cover

Very true. I love the rhythm work but the leads are mediocre. Thomas has improved a lot over the years and "Poetry For The Poisoned" has some decent lead work but unfortunately, I didn't like the album.

"Poetry For The Poisoned" has some decent lead work but unfortunately, I didn't like the album.

The same thing here. Several years of waiting made me expect something really epic. Did not really enjoy some of the vocal experiments on this album. Perhaps they just did too much "improvement" to the material, over and over again and lost the primary idea.

Thank you Plankis! I'm pretty excited about this cover. I'm working on another one as well, "Forever" from their Karma album.

I've got already tracked the whole backing track of this song because of a cover one of my clients is making. I'm a singer too, like kamelot pretty much but not because of roy, I actually think he is the weak link.hehehe.

Good luck in your project!!!

The same thing here. Several years of waiting made me expect something really epic. Did not really enjoy some of the vocal experiments on this album. Perhaps they just did too much "improvement" to the material, over and over again and lost the primary idea.

Exactly. It took me some time to completely get into Ghost Opera but I instantly liked half the songs on it. The only song I like from Poetry Of The Poisoned is The Great Pandemonium and even that is just OKAY.

They've gone way too mainstream from Ghost Opera onwards.

I've got already tracked the whole backing track of this song because of a cover one of my clients is making. I'm a singer too, like kamelot pretty much but not because of roy, I actually think he is the weak link.hehehe.

Good luck in your project!!!

I'm curious, I must listen to that cover!

IMO Roy Khan is not the weak link in the band but it seems like he lost his vocal range over the years. On Ghost Opera he sounds like he's struggling with the high octave and on Poetry For The Poisoned he's not even going there!

Anyway, hope he recovers soon.

Khan is one of my favorite singers ever. I don't like him to go in the highs and stuff, so I won't complain about that (he didn't sing that high when he was in Conception, which is the band that made me think that this guy was awesome). What he's fabulous at is finding amazing vocal lines and singing them with "heart", living them, making them speak to you. I'm curious to hear the covers too :)

Hell yea Sarjio!

Let me know how this stuff goes and I'll drop by the studio to check it out sometime this week!

Hadi