Sneap forum Dio tribute album thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
So I've finally been able to get back online, here is the proper thread for the Dio tribute album!

Now I haven't had the time to read through the other two threads, so the only person on the list at the moment is DanLights, but just post here and I'll add you to the list, and what songs you want to do.

UPDATED LIST

StarGazer
----
Bass: DanLights
All guitars: 88mph
Vocals: Felix Neumann

Holy Diver
----
Rhythm Guitars: Muckypup1
Lead Guitar: Melb_shredder
Bass: cloy26
Vocals: Joeym

Heaven and Hell
----
Rhythm Guitars: Kramer1309
Bass: Severu
Lead Guitar: LeSedna
Programmed Drums: LeSedna
Vocals: Superfreak

Children of the Sea
----
Lead Guitars: Shreddymarz
Rhythm Guitars: Skinny Viking
Accoustic Guitars: Executioner 213
Vocals: TravisW
Drums: Antto

Kill the King
----
Guitars: Jevil

Stand up And Shout
----
Vocals: FelixNeumann
Rhythm Guitars: Jevil
Bass: Rockchops
Lead guitar: Felix Neumann

Rainbow in the Dark
----
Guitars: Spamds
Vocals: jacare

Dream Evil
----
Bass: The-Zeronaut
Guitars: Raptor7

Neon Knights
----
All instruments: Slashvanyoung
Vocals: SteelRat

All the Fools Sailed Away
----

Gates of Babylon
----
All Instruments: Theforgotten

We Rock
----
Rhythm Guitars: Plankis

The Last in Line
----
Guitars: Raptor7

I 'd like to contribute with guitars for "Kill The King"... but I can do guitars in any other.
I only usually charge 2,000 $ for my collaboration... but for you my friends I can do for 1,950 $ ;)

I'd love to perform all guitar tracks for Stargazer. Got a white Strat :)

I'd be up for some guitars on "Children of the Sea" but just so you know, I have no acoustic guitar so someone else would have to do those parts.

Question - are we looking to only have people from this forum be a part of all this? I'm just thinking in terms of vocals really ... can't expect our 4 or so golden voice buddies to do ALL the vocals depending on how big this might get

EDIT: Another great song that I would do some guitars for is "All the Fools Sailed Away" ... haven't heard anyone mention that tune anywhere but if it comes up a few more times, I'd contribute to it

^ Danke Felix!

That was part of the reason I was asking about "outside" help .... I can't say for sure about a few things cause our schedules are so fucked but, he is a HUGE Dio fan and definitely has the right style to his voice. We have I think 1 more session to finish the vocals to our newest cd but maybe right after that ....?

OT - Felix I'm fucking DYING to hear what you did on that tune!!!!!:Smokin::Smokin::Smokin:

^ Danke Felix!

That was part of the reason I was asking about "outside" help .... I can't say for sure about a few things cause our schedules are so fucked but, he is a HUGE Dio fan and definitely has the right style to his voice. We have I think 1 more session to finish the vocals to our newest cd but maybe right after that ....?

OT - Felix I'm fucking DYING to hear what you did on that tune!!!!!:Smokin::Smokin::Smokin:

Let him register an account here and he won't be "help from outside" anymore :p

Alex (Thunderstorm) - count me in on bass on Rainbow in the Dark, (or any song from Holy Diver album), Mob Rules, Heaven and Hell, Children of the Sea, We Rock. Will record a Fender Precision or Sandberg 5-string into a Apogee Duet. Drums anyone? :)

Ok great, should we start making a list of all the songs to be played so then we can start looking to fill in remaining spots?

So far, mentioned in this thread would be Stargazer, Kill the King, Holy Diver, Children of the Sea, Stand up and Shout, Heaven and Hell, Rainbow in the Dark. I´d say doing more than 10 songs would be overkill, but of course that depends on how many people are participating, we would also need a person to mix each song (different mixing for each song but perhaps same mastering for all? I think it´s the way most tribute albums do anyway)

And I´m more worried about drummers, if we could have at least a couple good drummers it would be so much better, personally as a Bassist I find it easier to be more creative bass-wise if I have a solid real drumtrack to work to instead of a dull programmed one. Of course there are many people here who are excellent at programming drums, that can work too

@Dan - don't forget to add "All the Fools..." to the list just in case anyone else might be up for that ;) I would also say Dio deserves more than 10 songs for a tribute but yeah, we should wait a little longer to see who else wants to participate. I don't see a need to rush this, lets take a bit of time with it so its really great. I think Jesse (ShreddyMarz) had mentioned he wants to do a solo in "Children of the Sea" but lets' see if he chimes in

@Anssi - for myself, I see no problem with beefing up some parts of the songs but just in my opinion I think we should try to keep each tune at least 75% faithful to the originals.

What does anyone else think?

Well doing some metal´d up versions could be cool, I guess that would be decided by each "team" that is to work each song.

All the fools sailed away and Neon Knights as I see are added, so let´s put it this way:

StarGazer
----
Guitars: 88mph
Drums: Bormoleos Van Drill
Vocals: crillemannen
Mixed by Bormoleos Van Drill

Holy Diver
----
Bass: Plague Rider
Rhythm Guitars: Mago
Lead Guitar: Melb_shredder
Programmed Drums: Ahjteam/Mago
Synths: Ahjteam/Mago
Vocals: Rvs002/Mago's Girlfriend/Joeym
Mixed by Mago

Heaven and Hell
----
Rhythm Guitars: Kramer1309
Lead Guitar: LeSedna
Programmed Drums: LeSedna
Mixed by LeSedna

Children of the Sea
----
Accoustic Guitars: Executioner 213
Lead Guitar: TravisW
Keyboards: Vespiz
Vocals: Skinny Vikings friend
Mixed by Skinny Viking

Kill The King
----
Guitars: Jevil
Lead Guitar 2: Paulie
Drum Programming: Jevil
Vocals: Rip-G
Mixed by Jevil

Stand up And Shout
----
Bass: Rockchops
Rhythm Guitars: Jevil
Lead guitar: FelixNeumann
Vocals: FelixNeumann
Mixed by Jevil

Rainbow in the Dark
----
Guitars: Paulie!
Vocals: jacare
Mixed by mephisto_loh

Dream Evil
----
Bass: The-Zeronaut
Guitars: D Qattan
Drums: Superfreak
Mixed by Superfreak

Neon Knights
----
All instruments: Slashvanyoung
Vocals: Rvs002
Mixed by Slashvanyoung

All the Fools Sailed Away
----
All Electric Guitars:paulie
All Acoustic Guitars: Bormoleos Van Drill
Vocals: Bormoleos Van Drill
Mixed by Bormoleos Van Drll

We're Stars
Rhythm Guitars: Guitarguru777
Lead Guitar 1 - Guitarguru777
Lead Guitar 2 - TravisW
Lead Guitar 3 - 88mph
Lead Guitar 4 - Paulie!
Lead Guitar 5 - MarcusGHedwig
Programmed Drums: Superfreak
Vocals: Lots of dudes
Mixed by Superfreak

We Rock
----
Rhythm Guitars: Plankis
Lead Guitar: Guitarguru777
Mixed by Plankis

Long Live Rock and Roll
----
Bass: Bormoleos Van Drill
Rhythm Guitar: Gnash
Lead Guitar: Bormoleos Van Drill
Vocals: All Singers

The Snakecharmer
-----
Instruments: Bormoleos Van Drill

Gates of Babylon
----
Guitars: RickPart
Bass: theforgotten
Drums: theforgotten
Mixed by theforgotten

I can do rhythm guitars for Rainbow In The Dark... Here's just a quick sample I already posted on previous thread. How it could sound : http://db.tt/emnukU

Status
Not open for further replies.