Sneap forum Dio tribute album thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beg your pardon for being absent, gentlemen. Had a breakdown after some extremely heavy recording sessions. In my case it's usually 14 hours a day for quite a long period of time. Then I had 48 hours of non-stop mixing/mastering and it just annihilated me. Could not work for a week. I had a tremor when just listening to any sound. My left ear was resonating like if I had a coin jingling inside my head. Had a week of absolute silence, sleep, evening walk etc. Feeling 90% OK now and will get back to the fixes very soon. Should do something with my schedule.

I beg your pardon for being absent, gentlemen. Had a breakdown after some extremely heavy recording sessions. In my case it's usually 14 hours a day for quite a long period of time. Then I had 48 hours of non-stop mixing/mastering and it just annihilated me. Could not work for a week. I had a tremor when just listening to any sound. My left ear was resonating like if I had a coin jingling inside my head. Had a week of absolute silence, sleep, evening walk etc. Feeling 90% OK now and will get back to the fixes very soon. Should do something with my schedule.

Perfectly understandable Max, we've all been there. Sounds pretty serious, careful with that

Take care of yourself Max! I don't think there's anything left to fix guys, let's just move forward and get this album out. In the words of Joe Barresi... "Learn To Love It"!

As I said earlier, the new master is great with the exception of "We're Stars"... just use the previous master and we're all set :)

Hey Sarj! That's not a problem, man - we worked so hard to mix this album - we can't just give up on this stage.
I'm uploading the mastering fix, that includes Heaven and Hell, Holy Diver, We're Stars and Dream Evil.

Mago: I re-mastered Holy Diver. I had no widening on it, but probably this time the overheads will sound better (especially that china).

The tracks sound fine for me now, but please tell me what you think! Anyway, I think now we can take the versions that sound best in your opinion.

Links coming in an hour or so.

DanLights: Thanks a lot, Dan! Weird thing: trying to be extra-careful (=paranoid) with my ears just helped me to fuck them up even faster :D But I'm fine now!

Max these sound PERFECT! Thank you so much man!

Alright... I've suggested this earlier but nobody replied so I'm gonna bring it up again:

"Also I think all download links should be taken off and PM'd to the people involved, just so they're not downloaded by people visiting the forum, til we decide what to do with the album.

EDIT: Come to think of it... this and all Dio Tribute song threads should be locked and made private, wayyy too many files floating around."

I know quite a few of my friends have downloaded the masters and I just hope that those are not circulating. So please, let's make these threads private and have an official release of the tribute.

Thanks Sarj! Thanks Mago! The pleasure is mine, gentlemen!

I actually agree - we must hide it from the public now.

I'm deleting all the links in my posts and moving to the Backstage Metal topic. Cheers!

Keep in mind guys in order to keep everything from getting out to the public I am manually approving members for the forum. So it may take me an hour or so. If you sign up and dont get your approval email right away. Dont worry I will get to it. If it goes more then a few hours email me at jcohenlv at gmail and I will jump in and approve you.

I also suggest if we are going to do the NWOBHM Compilation we discuss it on Backstage Metal and not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.