Any of you in a band?

ShadowOfDeath

Warrior of Black Metal
Sep 20, 2003
New Hampshire
firec0re.net
I was wondering how many of us are in a metal band or play metal on their own. I do a single man project(like Burzum, Varg's the only official member) called Apocalypse. Not that much has been put online. Feel free to check it out.

http://purevolume.com/apocalypse

Who else is in bands here? I'm pretty sure with so many metal heads quite a few of us would be part of a band or compose their own metal.

I play in a band as well...I am the vocalist/guitarist.

We are a sort of slightly progressive power-thrash with strong classic metal roots, have been around for about 4 years. We're soon going to release a 6 song EP (though it won't technically be an EP since it will be 50 minutes, but it's not a full length album..) and send it everywhere it can be sent.

There are some live things on the website you can check out, but remember those and the studio CD we are currently working on are going to be like night and day (better production, vocals stronger, etc).

http://www.skyliner-band.com

If anyone wants the CD just send your snail mail to skyliner_rocks@yahoo.com and the second it's finished I'm sending it out to everyone who filed their address beforehand. I think I already told you this but it scared you or something :loco: o_O :OMG:

yeh i've just made an band and we've just got all of our members together, but its been hard to get going coz of my stoopid parents and my age and whatnot, my parents said, 'No Band Practice till youve finished ur gcse's' , right so i finish all my exams, and what do they do .. book a holiday straight after, so now i have to go even longer without band practice. But once we do get going we probably gonna be good old death metal style, corpse, deicide, etc. well u never know we might just let it flow naturally and see what we come up with.
we probably be gigging by the end of the summer.. i hope anyway.
i got really anxious about making a website so check out my lovely computer skills.?
http://tmessiah.cjb.net - We're called Tyrant Messiah.

enchanted_nightmare said:
yeh i've just made an band and we've just got all of our members together, but its been hard to get going coz of my stoopid parents and my age and whatnot, my parents said, 'No Band Practice till youve finished ur gcse's' , right so i finish all my exams, and what do they do .. book a holiday straight after, so now i have to go even longer without band practice. But once we do get going we probably gonna be good old death metal style, corpse, deicide, etc. well u never know we might just let it flow naturally and see what we come up with.
i got really anxious about making a website so check out my lovely computer skills.?

You could stand to be a little more rebellious...if you've taken your GCSEs, I'd say you're old enough to refuse to go on holiday with your parents.

I play in three

-Aegrimonia (see my signature) is Melodic Black Metal and we're all very proud of it. Demo is coming out this summer.

-Wind Through the Trees (the piece with Aegrimonia drummer and snow_like_ash from the board) is black/doom metal. Demo also out soon.

-Oaken Throne (my solo project) is a folk/viking metal band. Right now I'm working on a four song acoustic folk/ambient EP that is half done.

I play in a band called Miserable Existence. We are similar to old school Metallica with a dose of swedish melodic death thrown in. I am working on a web page now and will post it up when ready. We are also getting ready to record a new demo. Good times...

I currently play in two bands, one Death Metal band, and one band that's a mixture between every kind of metal there is. The Death Metal band is called Invalid Existance, and I'm the lead singer. The other band is called Matheus, and I'm the bassist (notice my alias). Matheus currently has one official song written. It's not really recorded yet. We're still in the process of perfecting it. Once we finish, I'll start posting it.

lord667 said:
You could stand to be a little more rebellious...if you've taken your GCSEs, I'd say you're old enough to refuse to go on holiday with your parents.

Yeh but u dont know what my parents are like...
my dads a constantly sober over-protective policeman who hates heavy metal..

Under a Stone said:
A death metal band from where i live? i'm impressed.

Yeh man theres quite a few metal bands around in Surrey, i can give u a few to check out.. most of these are pretty local to u and me.
www.fleshrot.cjb.net - Gore Metal
http://tmessiah.cjb.net - My Death metal band :D
www.necroritual.cjb.net - real good black metal
www.gridlocktakedown.cjb.net - melodic death metal
www.underjudgement.com - melodic hardcore
www.desolation.org.uk - (guilford area) Prog Melodic Death Metal.

enchanted_nightmare said:
Hahahahah, awesome. :lol:

ChaoticManifesto: my initial reaction to that description was "eww"; nonetheless, I'd be interested to hear it so hurry up recording/hosting some clips =)

ShadowOfDeath said:
I was wondering how many of us are in a metal band or play metal on their own. I do a single man project(like Burzum, Varg's the only official member) called Apocalypse. Not that much has been put online. Feel free to check it out.

http://purevolume.com/apocalypse

Who else is in bands here? I'm pretty sure with so many metal heads quite a few of us would be part of a band or compose their own metal.
What keyboard did you use for the instrumental? It's like the soundtrack to an early 80s slasher flick.

Well, since there is no scene, and anyone into metal around here, I'm doing a one-man project, called Devastation Ritual. I have no songs written or recorded(just making good riffs, first). It's going to be thrashy, but with black and death influences.

I'm just forming an unnamed-as-of-yet band featuring other ex-members of the best extreme bands in the city. True melodic death ala early-At The Gates (no N*Flames faggotry), mixed with Zyklon/Myrkskog inspired brutal death, a little hyper-technical death/grind like Cryptopsy, some epic black metal like mid-90s Emperor and Satyricon, and just a touch of good American groove metal like the better parts of the most recent Lamb Of God.