Any other Opeth fans...

opethfan4life19

New Metal Member
Jan 19, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Visit site
...into hardcore/metalcore bands? Like From Autumn to Ashes, December, Poison the Well, Skycamefalling or Killswitch Engage? I am just wondering I guess. Any other bands like them that any of you like please just say or suggest them....thanks all.

December rules. As does Shadows Fall and Killswitch Engage. Anybody like Diecast? That has got to be some of the most radio-friendly metalcore I have ever heard.

Anyone who thinks that hardcore is the next "nu-metal" is mistaken... hardcore has been around for a long time and was first created to fuse punk ethos with a more technical, agressive "metal" sound. Nu-metal is devoid of any substance and is created for wankers.

If you want to hear a good metalcore band listen to God Forbid. They are from New Jersey and they shred! If you haven't heard of them yet just wait a few years...

December are far better than any boring metalcore bands.They should'nt be lumped in with that shit.And i dont know why you have anyway.

I mean they tour with DM bands all of the time.Their song writing is far more complex than metalcore style as well.They are more suited to unpredictable bands like Dillenger Escape plan i think.

Originally posted by Spinal Remains
Anyone who thinks that hardcore is the next "nu-metal" is mistaken... hardcore has been around for a long time and was first created to fuse punk ethos with a more technical, agressive "metal" sound. Nu-metal is devoid of any substance and is created for wankers.

If you want to hear a good metalcore band listen to God Forbid. They are from New Jersey and they shred! If you haven't heard of them yet just wait a few years...

Its not really hardcore tho is it?

Minor threat is hardcore, this is just talentless wanky shit. :rolleyes:

...Hardcore is just a bunch of idiots that wish they were good enough to play death metal.

Anyone who listen's to that bullshit is gay and lying. Yes I hang out on the COB forum :lol:

Originally posted by ColdKingdom45
there aren't really any bands that can be seen as in Opeth's genre. Opeth's genre is basically, Opeth. but anyway, look into some Dan Swano stuff.
haha... i vote this the most off topic post ever.