Any Queen fans? What's your favorite record?

Favorite Queen Album

• Queen

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Queen II

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Sheer Heart Attack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Night at the Opera

• A Day at the Races

• News of the World

• Jazz

• The Game

• Flash Gordon

• Hot Space

• The Works

• A Kind of Magic

• The Miracle

• Innuendo

• I hate Queen because Freddie was gay

• Live at Wembley

• Made in Heaven

• Live Killers

• Live Magic

• They kicked so much ass at Live Aid

• Total voters

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
What's your favorite Queen album?
I have to go with News of the World. Loved it as a kid and it was the first re-issue I picked up when it was remastered in 1991. I also love The Game, because I remember when it was the biggest record out there. A Night at the Opera is incredible, and so is A Kind of Magic w/ all those Highlander songs. Hell, I even like Hot Space w/ all of it's dance songs.

I still remember hearing "Headlong" on WAZU 102.9 out of Dayton, Ohio really late on a school night, and I thought "cool, Queen are back!" The next night, I saw the video for "Innuendo" on MTV and I said, "I must buy this album" so I took my allowance to Street Beat and picked up the cassette. Great album. I also remember hoping hand over fist that they would tour the US finally, but we all know what happened :( Freddie told the world he had aids on a Saturday, and then died the next day. Eric Carr from KISS died that same day. The most horrible day for rock ever!!

any greatest hits album from them does it for me,brian may is a guitar god and even though freddie was a peanut butter trail rider he was one of the best frontman u will ever see.

what is brian may up to these days???

mrthrax said:
any greatest hits album from them does it for me,brian may is a guitar god and even though freddie was a peanut butter trail rider he was one of the best frontman u will ever see.

what is brian may up to these days???

Freddie being bisexual makes no difference in their music, and if anything, adds to their mystique. Brian May hasn't been on the scene since a 1998 tour, which incidentally, involved being on the same bill as Anthrax at Rock Stock in Chicago.

TD said:
Freddie being bisexual makes no difference in their music, and if anything, adds to their mystique. Brian May hasn't been on the scene since a 1998 tour, which incidentally, involved being on the same bill as Anthrax at Rock Stock in Chicago.

You mean here:

may.jpg

Nachzehrer said:
I'm not a fan of theirs but I quite like Queen. My favourite record is A Kind Of Magic.

A Kind of Magic is interesting in that 90% of the songs are inspired by and from the Movie Highlander but it is not an official "soundtrack." Partly because the other songs are either Queen originals or a song from another movie. The rocker "One Vision" was from Iron Eagle. Also, tunes from the previous Queen album (the works) were used. Great album, though. The last album that Queen toured for. At this point Queen only played stadiums, so they did not tour the US, as the album only attained gold status in the US and "One Vision" was only a moderate AOR hit, they wouldn't have filled stadiums in the US like they did Japan, Aus, South America, Asia, and Europe. By the time they did their next album, Freddies health was too poor to tour, so the "Magic Era" is sort of remembered as the last great Queen era, although they followed Magic with two more killer albums.

Stand out tracks from A kind of Magis for me are:
One Vision - this song kicks ass
Prince of the Universe - the theme from Highlander the Series, this song blared from my TV every Saturday night for 6 years!!!
Gimme The Prize (Kurgans theme) heavy Brian May song
Friends Will Be Friends: very uplifting
Who Wants to Live Forever: a true ballad
the title track: great video, great tune, cool Highlander lyrics.

No wonder why I coudn't guess it. I hate Amstel. It's just a shitty version of Heineken. I never liked Heineken too much but I'm willing to try it if I ever go to Germany or Europe in general. Try the "real" Heineken as Scott has said it.

heineken is undrinkable(in australia anyway lol)i'll have to check out amstel and achor today!!!

as far as american beers go i find coors so crisp and refreshing,millers draft is good!

AlexStomp said:
I drink alot of Coors Light. It's the chicano cowboy in me. What are you gonna do?

How in the world can you call Amstel a crappy beer and then tell us that you drink Coors Light? :confused: That's like saying "Starbucks is really nasty coffee, I enjoy drinking the kind at Big Lots with a plain white label and the word 'coffee' in black bold print."

BTW: I find that Amstel is usually a much better tasting beer in America than Heineken because Amstel comes in a brown bottle. Green bottles allow too much light to get in and have a shorter shelf life. In fact, green bottled beer will go bad quicker than clear bottled beer. It's very easy to get a nasty tasting Euro-import if it is in a green bottle. Keep that in mind.