Any reccomendations of any bands that use piano/keyboards well?

DarkFifl

Jul 11, 2002
Vilseck Germany
Visit site
I've played the piano/keyboard for quite some time and it is one of my favorite instraments. Personaly I think it sounds pretty good with some great metal. Dimmu Borgir's Spiritual Black Dimensions CD is one of my favorite uses of keyboards in metal and Cataclysm Children on progenies is another good example. Even the simple keyboard/piano in Dark Tranquillity adds a great sound imo.

So can anyone reccomend any good bands that use it well? I just got paid , finished with bills so time to buy some CDS :p

Thanks in advance.

I think the keyboards on Limbonic Art's "In Abhorrence Dementia" (other albums too) are amazing. I also like a band called Tartaros, a project of a former Emperor keyboard player.

Limbonic Art, Dream Theater,Rush (If Geddy's synth fetish counts), The Doors.

EDIT: Also Symphony, damn do they do a good job.

You have to try Dismal Euphony - Autumn Leaves-A Rebellion of Tides....it will blow you away! Trust me cause I play the piano and the keuboard as well and I can say that they couldn't use keyboards better than that...

I shall guide you away from the cheese of Dimmu Burger and children of Boredom my son:

Emperor-Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk, In The Nightside Eclipse
Limbonic Art-Moon in the Scorpio
Diabolical Masquerade-Deaths Design
Summoning-Dol Guldur, Nightshade Forests, Stronghold, Minas Morgul, Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame, Lost Tales
Skepticism-Lead and Aether, Ethere
Burzum-Filosofem, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Sigh-Scorn Defeat (excellant piano playing), Hail horror Hail
My Dying Bride-The Light at the End of the World, The Dreadful Hours

thats all I can think of at the moment.

Evergrey
Dream Theater
Rob Zombie
Fear Factory
Type O Negative
Dimmu Borgir
Nightwish
Symphony X
Iron Maiden
Soilwork
Cradle Of Filth
Emperor
Dark Tranquility
Rammstein
And Oceans
Devin Townsend
Andrew W.K.

'The Funeral Wind ..' by Nokturnal Mortum has amazing keys , they almost make the whole song .