Bands that have Piano work by the truckload?!?!?

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
I don't care what genre. Just recommend me some good bands that have heavy amounts of piano in their music. And I mean Piano...Not Keyboard!!! I have a fondness towards classical instruments. All recommendations accepted and highly appreciated! Have a good weekend!

pi·a·nis·si·mo

If only he didn't say the word "work" after piano. :lol:

Check out Eternity X. It's mainly synths they use, but there are some tracks that are all electric pianos instead of synths. They're pretty decent, but The Edge is incredibly inconsistent and practically emotionless.

Check out Xytras - Passage, it is almost only piano with some minor background effect here and there. Melodies from Samael's Passage are used (I don't know if it's members of Samael playing piano or not), but the music bears little resemblance to that album.

Errr.....Jethro fucking Tull, my good man?
Check out the intro to "Locomotive Breath" for a starter, but they had one of the best piano players ever in John Evans. Tull music is full of incredible piano/flute/drum/bass//guitar/vocal/classical/fucking EVERYTHING stuff! Download "Wind Up" for an example of utter genius.

jethro tull is good. i enjoy "living in the past" the remade version (featured on 20 years of jethro tull)
~gR~

Yeah that second song on the Arcane SUn song, is mostly piano. queensryche has some excellent piano moments especially on Promised Land.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
I don't care what genre. Just recommend me some good bands that have heavy amounts of piano in their music. And I mean Piano...Not Keyboard!!! I have a fondness towards classical instruments. All recommendations accepted and highly appreciated! Have a good weekend!

pi·a·nis·si·mo

Have you heard Haggard? This band is almost an entire sympony ochestra including piano.

Other than this Embraced immediately comes to mind... They both use keys and piano.