Any theories?

Subject matter for country songs: Don't forget songs about their dog

Hey some of those bluegrass artist were quite fast pickers. And I must mention Sixteen Horsepower who are modern country/bluegrass band who are quite amazing to me if not the most technical especially their all acoustic album Folklore.(Though they are immensely Christian) Of course as mentioned all country music these days is basically pure pop crap.

Anyway don't forget pop songs usually try to have a distinct melody, and people like melodies. Take the Beatles early stuff as an example. Very simple but great vocal melodies. Not that I'm comparing modern day pop boy bands and female artists to the Beatles.

off topic: Chinatown is one of my favorite movies. If only all of Roman Polanski's could be that good.

Wow, this thread was such a harmless and lukewarm attempt at knocking pop music. Is it in the nature of a board to have these perennial "I like Opeth I hate pop I special" threads pop up?

On a good day:

Kenny Chesney>>>>>>>>>>Opeth

anonymousnick2001 said:
Wow, this thread was such a harmless and lukewarm attempt at knocking pop music. Is it in the nature of a board to have these perennial "I like Opeth I hate pop I special" threads pop up?

On a good day:

Kenny Chesney>>>>>>>>>>Opeth
i went back to my original post and i couldnt find that quotation anywhere. did i miss something?

dorian gray said:
I really wanna know why popular music has to suck. I was awakened at 4 this morning by some loud bass. i thought it was some asshat sitting in a car listening to rap. so, i look out the window and lo and behold, its the goddam "Today" show and Kenny Chesney is rehearsing. I actually listened to it for awhile and was amazed at the incredible simplicity of the songs. the bass line was literally one long farting note. i laughed when i realized that i just compared the "number one artist in the country" to generic rap.
so i was wondering what makes huge groups of people listen to such shitty, uninteresting, and unambitious music. is it that one doesnt really have to "think" about what's going on in the song? is it a snowball effect - the more people listen to something, the more other people want to listen, as humans are social animals?
i know i shouldn't expect anything more from the terrible Today show but how nice would it be to have been to be awakened by blastbeats rather than an every-other-quarter-note bass drum?

People are stupid.