Anybody here ever notices this cycle?

That's pretty common, really. When you're a newbie on a board of older posters, it's almost inevitable that they will have some influence on you. And of course one of the main reasons that people come on to message boards like this is to find new music.

Actually these posters have had almost no influence on me, I still listen to pretty much all the same music I used to.

that song is pointless but catchy pop metal as far as I'm concerned.

I think it's fucking awesome. I think this because it is fact.

Iron Maiden is about 10x better than Judas Priest. Sorry if that hurts anyone here, but sometimes the truth hurts.

They are very close. I like some of Priest's songs better, but songs like 'Take Your Daughter..to the Slaughter', The Trooper, etc cannot be topped.

I just can't stand songs like Livin After Midnight and Breakin the Law. Those are just silly simple rock songs. I don't see much of what Priest did holding a candle to Revalations, Rhyme of the Ancient MAriner, Phantom of the Opera, Killers, Powerslave, Transylvannia, Where Eagles Dare, HALLOWED BE THY NAME! There are tons more. I don't see them being equal. I know it boils down to taste, but for me, Maiden = 10xPriest

I just can't stand songs like Livin After Midnight and Breakin the Law. Those are just silly simple rock songs. I don't see much of what Priest did holding a candle to Revalations, Rhyme of the Ancient MAriner, Phantom of the Opera, Killers, Powerslave, Transylvannia, Where Eagles Dare, HALLOWED BE THY NAME! There are tons more. I don't see them being equal. I know it boils down to taste, but for me, Maiden = 10xPriest

.!

I can't say I've taken part in Dave's silly cycle :[ There are a few people from lastfm who I exchange music with but that's because we've got similar tastes, not because somebody's trying to convert me into an Artillery fan...Fuck Artillery :] I still listen to the same music that got me into metal but I've managed to expand my tastes and collection without abandoning music I really enjoy as Dave suggests.

Maiden are 10x Priest