Anyone feel like some March Metal Madness?

We are now at the Elite Eight! The new pairings are

ELITE EIGHT
-------------

Reign in Blood vs. Moving Pictures
The Divine Wings of Tragedy vs. Heaven and Hell
Peace Sells…But Who's Buying vs. Operation: Mindcrime
Images and Words vs. Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt 2

Voters know how to vote. Previous non-voters can e-mail me to get the new link.

Results from the prior round are:

************* RESULTS FROM SWEET 16 *************************

Not really any close contests here.

Reign in Blood (31) vs. Dreaming Neon Black (12)
Moving Pictures (27) vs. Abigail (17)
The Divine Wings of Tragedy (29) vs. Shout At the Devil (15)
Heaven and Hell (33) vs. Rainbow Rising (9)

The Fourth Legacy (12) vs. Peace Sells…But Who's Buying (32)
Operation: Mindcrime (29) vs. Powerslave (15)
Images and Words (32) vs. Blizzard of Ozz (12)
Perfect Symmetry (17) vs. Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt 2 (25)

We are now at the Final Four, only two exciting rounds left to go! Voters have been mailed the link. Here are the matchups:

44444444444444444444 THE FINAL FOUR!! 44444444444444444444444

--> Moving Pictures vs. Heaven and Hell <--
--> Operation: Mindcrime vs. Images and Words <--

Here are the tallies from the last round:

************* RESULTS FROM ELITE 8 *************************

We actually have what might be called an upset! Go Canada!

Reign in Blood (19) vs. Moving Pictures (21)
The Divine Wings of Tragedy (12) vs. Heaven and Hell (28)
Peace Sells…But Who's Buying (10) vs. Operation: Mindcrime (30)
Images and Words (28) vs. Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt 2 (12)

Ladies and Gentlemen! In this corner, with a total weight of 500 pounds, a total height
of three and a half people, two missing fingertips, and a great sense of relief from
the departure of a future-reality-show embarassment to the universe we have

HEAVEN AND HELL

In the other corner, with lots of hair spray, a yes-we're-metal-no-we're-not attitude,
and a vision to at some point in the future stain the memory of this classic by trying
to recapture its success with a sequel (and in the process recruiting one of
the team members above), we have

OPERATION: MINDCRIME

64 albums have battled it out for three weeks, leading to this ultimate match-up!
The winner of this receives absolutely nothing, except an ass kicking from Slayer
who are now waiting back in the locker room after their elimination in a previous
round.

Let the voting begin!! Most of you know how by now! The voting will close at
6pm (Central) Monday April 7.

************* RESULTS FROM FINAL FOUR *************************

Moving Pictures (13) vs. Heaven and Hell (25)

(about as close as I'd imagined it would be)

Operation: Mindcrime (24) vs. Images and Words (15)

(not nearly as close as I would have thought)

QR doesn't have Dio singing.
<------Fanboy.
Dio's great .. a true legend, but he wasn't on Tate's level during that man's heydey. Dio's definately held up better thru the years, and can still do just about anything he ever could, but when it comes to metal Tate was about as elite as it gets .. all in my opinion, obviously.

Britt

Two different styles IMO.
It's like comparing Dickinson with Halford, neither of the two are any less metal than the other.
Although Tate can rock the saxophone better than Dio can, I'll give him that.:)

Two different styles IMO.
It's like comparing Dickinson with Halford, neither of the two are any less metal than the other.
Although Tate can rock the saxophone better than Dio can, I'll give him that.:)
Okay sure ... different styles. I'm talking mainly about pure vocal talent. I think Tate in his prime was better than those guys as well.

It's funny though I'd probably place all three of those guys ahead of Tate currently, and each of those guys have some years on him as well. Tate smoked away while I think those other three took much better care of their voices. EP thru Operation Mindcrime saw Tate at a very elite level though.

Britt

Okay sure ... different styles. I'm talking mainly about pure vocal talent. I think Tate in his prime was better than those guys as well.

It's funny though I'd probably place all three of those guys ahead of Tate currently, and each of those guys have some years on him as well. Tate smoked away while I think those other three took much better care of their voices.

Britt

Ok, I can't really argue that since I'm not too familiar with early Tate material (Recommend me some?).
I have heard many times about how good he used to be, at the H & H show he sounded great, but like I said I'm too familiar with all his material.

Ok, I can't really argue that since I'm not too familiar with early Tate material (Recommend me some?).
I have heard many times about how good he used to be, at the H & H show he sounded great, but like I said I'm too familiar with all his material.

I think Tate was at his best in the beginning with the EP thru Operation Mindcrime. The Warning and Rage For Order fall in there as well.

The EP pretty much sounds Maiden inspired, and The Warning has an old school feel as well.

Rage For Order was pretty experimental for it's time, but is a great disc. They kind of had a gothic influence here are there, and used a lot of strange sound samplings. This disc was way ahead of it's time. Neil Kernon produced it, and it's one of his top achievements to this day.

Operation Mindcrime is my favorite from Queensryche ... I take it you already know it well. If not it's a buy or die type disc .. one of the best efforts in metal, and still standing the test of time very well.

Britt