RC March Madness?

I agree that the albums since 2000 idea would be the most feasible, putting individual songs against each other is a good idea in theory, but doesn't translate well into this format (maybe a "post your definitive metal song" series of threads along the lines of the recommendations would work better) for reasons outlined in Zod's post.

I propose that we declare Bathory the winner and be done with it.

edit: or, you know, that you guys all start listening to the same kind of shit as me so I could actually participate in one of these given my tastes of late

How about every one on the board drops his/her 3 ALL-FUCKING-TIME FAVOURITE ALBUMS and Greg makes his 64 selection out of the results (randomly in case there is more than 64 of course). So we can have a real tournament of killer albums and not just an alibi tournament with a shit concept just for the sake of discarding the real stuff.

Come on guys let's do it! :kickass:

How about every one on the board drops his/her 3 ALL-FUCKING-TIME FAVOURITE ALBUMS and Greg makes his 64 selection out of the results (randomly in case there is more than 64 of course). So we can have a real tournament of killer albums and not just an alibi tournament with a shit concept just for the sake of discarding the real stuff.

Come on guys let's do it! :kickass:

I'm down for this even though my selections will be out in the first round

I'll do it. I have plenty of down time at work that needs to be filled. Yesterday I spent my morning watching Pros vs. Joes, Mr Woodcock, spamming my friends forum, listening to Swizzle's show, and e-shopping.

That is unless someone else wants the job? If so, speak up.