RC March METAL Madness - 5 Slots Opened

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
As Demonspell correctly pointed out, we did agree that this year's tournament would strictly be a Metal tournament. However, it's not always clear where to draw the line. Although I'm sure everyone will draw the line some place different, since I'm running this tournament, I'll attempt to draw it where I think it's most appropriate. To that end, I'm pulling the following bands from the original list, as I view their connection to Metal as tenuous at best:

Explosions in the Sky
Pelican
Jesu
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
SunO))

I'm sure some will suggest that those bands are in fact "Metal". Others will suggest I should go even further and pull Tool and October Falls. And still some will suggest I should go even further. However, as I've said, that line is in different place for everyone.

As it stands, we have five open spots with which to address the grievances I've perpetrated upon this good community. So far, the following bands have received multiple nominations:

Sólstafir - Masterpiece of Bitterness (Necuratul, Swizzlenuts, MajesticMoose)
Iron Maiden - Brave New World (Tranquillian, IotS)
Hail - Inheritance Of Evilness (Necuratul, Swizzlenuts)
Repugnant - Epitome Of Darkness (Necuratul, Swizzlenuts)

Speak up or forever hold your tongue.

For what it's worth, it seems the following bands are conspicuous by their absence:

Blut Aus Nord
Blood Red Throne
Naglfar

Zod

Iron Maiden should DEFINITELY be in there somewhere, and I agree that's the best album to include.

What about Bathory? Are we not including them because of all the controversy they have caused in past tournaments?! The Nordland albums were both solid efforts.

if anyone says that this album isn't metal, they are certainly retarded. there is no question, they would be simply incorrect and making a jackass out of themselves.
Which disc are you talking about? The post you quoted was about Sólstafir, but your comments seem to be in line with those regarding Pelican.

And by the way, filed under the heading, "There's no pleasing everyone", not a single person suggested Pelican should be included in this tournament. Yet, the second I suggest they might not fit, people start complaining.

Zod

I'd say add Blood Red Throne's Altered Genesis, it is a very good album. Or possibly Hate Forest's Battlefields. See what would win, Drudkh vs Hate Forest :p

Which disc are you talking about? The post you quoted was about Sólstafir, but your comments seem to be in line with those regarding Pelican.

And by the way, filed under the heading, "There's no pleasing everyone", not a single person suggested Pelican should be included in this tournament. Yet, the second I suggest they might not fit, people start complaining.

Zod

solstafir, my good sir

For what it's worth, it seems the following bands are conspicuous by their absence:

Blut Aus Nord
Blood Red Throne
Naglfar

as much as I love BRT ... Decapitated - Nihility should make it on the list before BRT.