Anyone here NOT believe in the death penalty? If so, do

irl it killed my family, but it still deserves to stay on RC page 1

:lol:

yea, this thread melted my computer's hard drive. Though I do not wish to see it deleted from the forum's archives. Maybe Jaykeeley can simply lock the thread, the UM community can continue to pay for it's bandwidth, and if all goes well with the server, it will not bump off any other threads from the main page in the future.

yea, this thread melted my computer's hard drive. Though I do not wish to see it deleted from the forum's archives. Maybe Jaykeeley can simply lock the thread, the UM community can continue to pay for it's bandwidth, and if all goes well with the server, it will not bump off any other threads from the main page in the future.

It's funny because of the absurdity of comparing a thread on the internet to a human life. :lol:

It's funny because of the absurdity of comparing a thread on the internet to a human life. :lol:

they've got about the same value! human life, in the grand scheme of existence, is fucking useless and that's exactly what this whole debate comes down to.

Let up the ante!

Q: What is the significance of the planet Earth and everything that has ever lived on it?"

A: In the cosmic sense, mostly nil.

Support worldwide nuclear holocaust!

they've got about the same value! human life, in the grand scheme of existence, is fucking useless and that's exactly what this whole debate comes down to.

The whole debate comes down to the fact that the non-sentient universe doesn't care about you? You're zooming out way too far man. :lol: You have to use relevant perspective, i.e. human perspective, since you're a human being.

Since you and people like you care so much about these fiends, I'd see it fitting that your deviant worshipping demographic be the purveyors that sustain their insufferable existences. You wish to see Johnny McGee rot away behind bars for 60 years? Then it should be your dime that feeds his belly, as I only feel charitable to the extent of contributing to the inmate's quietus.

Too bad you don't have that choice, then. I think it's a bit odd that you would prefer to spend more money to have him dead though.

I don't agree with the State's right to execute. That doesn't say anything about how I feel about these two motherfuckers. It just means the State shouldn't be able to execute. They can't even balance simple budgets for fuck's sake.

Btw, prisons are overcrowded because of drug-related convictions. If we could just get our government to legalize and tax drugs, the world would be a safer and more cost-effective place. It would also put Central and South American drug lords out of business, which would make me laugh.

I'd much prefer "life in jail without parole" be changed to "bullet in the head upon sentencing". Its cheaper for our taxes to pay for the bullet, instead of the 60 years of food and other shit he'll get.

man, what the hell? why do people keep bringing up this argument? this is a complete falsehood. this particular point is merely incidental to my position against it but man it's killing me to read you lie.

deathpenaltyinfo.org said:
* At the trial level, death penalty cases are estimated to generate roughly $470,000 inadditional costs to the prosecution and defense over the cost of trying the same case as an aggravated murder without the death penalty and costs of $47,000 to $70,000 for court personnel.

* On direct appeal, the cost of appellate defense averages $100,000 more in death penalty cases, than in non-death penalty murder cases.

* Personal restraint petitions filed in death penalty cases on average cost an additional$137,000 in public defense costs.

NY - The estimated costs for New York’s death penalty, which was reinstated in 1995: $160 million, or approximately $23 million for each person sentenced to death, with no executions likely for many years. (The Times Union, Sept. 22, 2003)

deathpenalty.org said:
*More than 3500 men and woman have received this sentence [Life Without the Possibility Of Parole] in California since 1978 and NOT ONE has been released, except those few individuals who were able to prove their innocence.

# The California death penalty system costs taxpayers more than $114 million a year beyond the cost of simply keeping the convicts locked up for life. (This figure does not take into account additional court costs for post-conviction hearings in state and federal courts, estimated to exceed several million dollars.)

# With 11 executions spread over 27 years, on a per execution basis, California and federal taxpayers have paid more than $250 million for each execution.

# It costs approximately $90,000 more a year to house an inmate on death row, than in the general prison population or $57.5 million annually.
:mad:

Too bad you don't have that choice, then. I think it's a bit odd that you would prefer to spend more money to have him dead though.

For the fifth time, how much does a bullet cost?!?

<Fade to dream sequence>
I do by here you the defendent Tyrone Billingsworth, GUILTY on 3 counts of first degree murder...

:::BANG:::

There should be no Death Row, just simply Death Court.

If you prefer, I have no problem with the guillotine.

Yes, the world that pacifist faggots like myself created. The world in which people don't get shot in the head immediately after they're sentenced in case something was wrong in the trial and the person is actually innocent. The world whose reality is that you pay more to kill people than to keep them locked up. But you're more than happy to bear that cost. Fine, YOU pay for all of the money related to capital punishment cases, and I pay for all of the money related to life imprisonment cases.

Yes, the world that pacifist faggots like myself created. The world in which people don't get shot in the head immediately after they're sentenced in case something was wrong in the trial and the person is actually innocent. The world whose reality is that you pay more to kill people than to keep them locked up. But you're more than happy to bear that cost. Fine, YOU pay for all of the money related to capital punishment cases, and I pay for all of the money related to life imprisonment cases.

One innocent life is not worth the postponement of justice for a thousand. For as the system stands now, these thousand criminals will one day be back out on the street, many of which will return to claim the lives of dozens. If you have commited murder, what stops you from commiting the same act upon release? Afterall, we're not talking about your fantasy world of life long prison sentences without possibility of parole, nor are we talking about my trumped up ideas of judicial jugular deveining. If we are solely talking about REALITY, the reality is simple... Watch the fucking news!!!

Awww how cute...
0_61_091806_electrocution01.jpg

FEEEEAAAAARRRR

FFFFFEEEEEEAAAAAAARRRRR

deathpenalty.org said:
*More than 3500 men and woman have received this sentence [Life Without the Possibility Of Parole] in California since 1978 and NOT ONE has been released, except those few individuals who were able to prove their innocence.

oh

FUCK THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!!

Consider: In the year 2000, 308 inmates were paroled on murder charges from the Illinois Department of Corrections. Of those, 93 were sent back to prison, but only 10, or 3.2 percent, were sent back after committing another murder.

Your system results in 10 innocent victims meeting their end. Most of which were more than likely children, who are oblivious to the wrongs of the world.

I hope the lives of 308 heads of cattle were worth it.

Matt said:
Originally Posted by deathpenalty.org

And out of those 3500, not one has escaped to commit murder? Not one has killed a fellow inmate serving a sentence on a lesser crime? Not one has put a prison guard out of commission?

I await your statistical response.