Anyone interested in re-amping? (brutal/tech death metal)

P-Keisari

New Metal Member
Feb 3, 2016
Finland
Hi! I'm asking for a huge favor here. I've been mixing this one death metal album
for so long that I don't even dare to tell. One reason it has been taking so long is
the lack of equipment. I have re-amped these guitars four times already, but I can't
get the sound I'm looking for. I have only one amp; Randall V2, which is a great amp,
but almost the opposite of what I'm trying to achieve here.

First off I wan't to let you know that I can't pay, unfortunately. If I had any money I
would have done this thing in some studio ages ago.

I'm looking for this really "chunky", kinda mid-scooped, deep, warm, massive and
thick tube tone. Not crunchy at all. Here are some reference albums where you can
get the idea of what I'm looking for:

Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked
Nile - Those Whom the Gods Detest
Cannibal Corpse - Kill
Skinless - Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead

Those tones were made with Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100 (Nile) and Mesa Boogie Dual
or Triple Rectifier (CC). Not sure about the Skinless record though, but as you can hear
it's something pretty similar. I'm pretty sure the Nile and CC albums were recorded with
one Shure SM57, since they're all produced and recorded by Neil Kernon.

So if you are interested and experienced in re-amping and you have the right equipment
for the job, please contact me! It's not gonna be a walk-in-the-park job, I can tell you that.
There are going to be two guitars per side and the length of the album is something like
45 minutes so that makes approximately 180 minutes of audio. As I said before I can't pay
anything, but you will get your name in the album credits and we will be thankful to you for
the rest of our lives! I know I'm asking a lot, but I'm just so desperate with this situation that
I don't know where else to turn. But trust me, it's gonna be one hell of an album when it
comes out!

Send me a private message if you are interested!

Hi, can you upload a short sample of the guitars? 2 DIs of the guitars would be nice to test how it works.

Got AxeFX II, Fortin Grind, ISP Decimator, Randall JDI, Randall Reamp Box, EVH 5150 III lbx 15W, Orange 4x12, 2 Shure SM57, Focusrite Liquid 56.

If i like it i would totally do the job for you.

Last edited: