Anyone into classical music?

Wound

May 9, 2002
Visit site
Hey, I figured we all like Skyfire and probably dig classical music too. Seems that a lot of the Skyfire influence is out of the baroque period. The only composers I know of out of that time are Bach and Vivaldi, or is Mozart considered baroque? Anyone have any recommendations?

I really love Vivaldi's Spring Allegro. The band At Vance did a cover of it, really kick ass :cool:

I admire it because of its complexity and ability to portray emotions so well, but I can't say that I'm really into it. I think if I actually tried to get into it though, I'd be able to easily. Even when I was a little kid in music class and we had to listen to it, since my teacher was big on that kind of stuff, and everyone else was complaining, I more or less enjoyed it.

yeh im with froosh. i respect the skills, and do like it when i hear it, but its not something i would listen to all the time. i kinda want to download some and see whats good and all, but all the songs are like 15 minutes and im on a modem so i just keep putting it off. i love all the shit that cob ripped off and used on their first 2 albums. classical music in a metal setting with guitars and drums an shit is awesome.
-neal

Classical stuff is awesome. Personally the best way to describe metal that has a decent melody is to tell people to imagine a classical symphony, replace instruments with guitars and keyboards and bass, and add drums and a screamy guy.

Admittedly it's not true for all bands but for the ones I listen to, it seems to be an apt yet frightening description.

Talking about classical lemme ask a question here...

what song is this ?who composed?

hehe me guesses it's something famous, but me doesn't know shit about it:p

gothErika® said:
Talking about classical lemme ask a question here...

what song is this ?who composed?

hehe me guesses it's something famous, but me doesn't know shit about it:p

I don't have real player :erk:

Alexi clip though? Red light in my eyes pt. 2 starts with mozarts 25th then goes into Requiem later.

Wound said:
I don't have real player :erk:

Alexi clip though? Red light in my eyes pt. 2 starts with mozarts 25th then goes into Requiem later.

nope, it's demonstration #1 from Passage to the Reaper, Young Guitar Magazaine.. it's a clip Alexi and Roope play this classical thing and one more song then Alexi demonstrates how to play the thing.