anyone into real metal should check this out

Thank you very much Metalizer. I like it when people post such entries. I will listen to it and will give my comment, read the lyrics etc.. (are they on it?..I see it and hear it:) ) just like I did with the other band called "Wheels of Steel" Maybe the other Saxon-heads and other heavy metal kids can give their own oppinion about the songs. So.. if other bands have music..just put it on the board and we will listen as time allows it.. THX Metalizer:wave:

Heavycelli

Nice idea, Metalizer. I fully support HeavyCelli's comments. Anyone else that has website-based stuff they wish to advertise/promote, bring it on!

By the way, Metalizer - Regarding a certain member's earlier comments, please ignore them. They do not represent the intelligence of the majority of the forum.

Criticism is an assessment and, ultimately, judgement of artistic work. Judgement can only be effectively performed with an opinioniated summary based on elements taken from the assessment - therefore, when you say something is crap, you have to state why you think its crap, otherwise you come across like a mindless idiot.

On a lighter note:
Valanx, My Good Man - how is your site going, by the way? Maybe you can put a link in here somewhere?

I quite like this... "Unparralelled" guitar riffs reminds me of early Secrecy's Himitsu.

"Why" is also very similar in that I havent heard that type of guitaring since Secrecy (German band 1989-92 R.I.P) The thing which almost made me turn it off was the second line "So full of shit that it makes me want to hurl" .... that sort of lyric gives song writing a bad name. Apart from that - not bad. Hope you get the rest of the songs up in full soon.

“Unskuld, ja igge taler/ snagge daensk.” (=Sorry I can’t speak danish) at least not that good, so my appoligy for this.

Well, a band from Denmark (As Saxon-follower that country always reminds me of the Saxon Chronicles double DVD with a piece taken from the Esbjerg Festival) Personaly it always reminds me of my plenty hollidays in Denmark, eating danish Poelser with wunderfull scandinavian remoulade and Senf and little fried unions and drinking Viborg and Tuborg Pilsner (…Yes the one with that old men next to the grain-field wiping the sweat from his face, SKOL !!) and it reminds me of the nice patatoes in Tivoli Park in Copenhagen with all these old grannies smoking their big cigarres behind the gambling one-armed-bandit machines, haha!

Ok I already downloaded the songs and did put them on my mp3-player. Tommorow I’m gonna listen to it while cycling on my sportbike doing the nescesarry training for the yearly 250 km cycle tour in the North of my country. Always nice to have something on my earphones, let it this time be Transparent! I am curious to find out how it sounds. So after tomorrow my review of the songs and the lyrics.

Before that already a view things: You have a professional website, and it isn’t even ready, can you imagine how good it will be when its finished! Nice fonts too, and lovely nice artwork and m.o a nice bandname: Transparent, lies good in the mouth, international word, good choice! I see that there is a radio-interview with Transparent on it..nice well is it in english? Nevermind if it is in daenish I understand passiv danish.. no problem, I hope it says something about where Transparent is based, I mean in which city or place and the age of the members etc.?

Nice Foto-shoot of the band, properly clothed, gives a good impression to me, I mean there stand 4 self-assured blokes ready to rock the worlds metalheads’ brains out. Especially Danny Hove Jensen with that look on his face ( so to say): “I eat you alive, when nescesarry, including your balls!”:D

For the fotoshoot a suggestion: maybe something for another album or maybe for this demo- or demo-followup. In your lyrics you sing about 'war'. “You guys, as danish, you know the Thyboron area at,.. the Westsea beach ?(What we dutch call the Nordsee, very logicall of course..its above us, and west from you) On that beach you have more than hundred Bunkers (Shelters) from the Atlantikwall, some very nice architecture, I’ve seen that 3 times, took me 3 days to see those Bunkercomplexes, I had my picknick-case with me and what a good time I did have ( So people who are interested in Bunkers from the Atlantikwall and history, go to Thyboronbeach to see some nice sculptures from a dark past..as if it where forgotten egyptian pyramids from ages ago) Ok back to my suggestion: “make a foto or more, where you 4 blokes stand inside or in front of a Kazematte/ Schraege (Type of bunker). The opening of that Bunker looks a bit like a theatre stage, where bands or actors perform. Look at this website for an example: http://www.bunkersite.com/ (go to tabblad Locationsà see foto under Denmark, that’s the Type bunker I mean)

You will shoot your lyric-music-message-bullets out of that Bunker-mouth into the world that lies before you, just like that Bunker-Canon did with real granates (Just an idea, I wished that Saxon had made such fotoshoot of that setting for their Dogs of War album and had put it in the booklet between the songtexts, maybe in future…we’ll see.) Make the foto with the guitars in the hand…on that special place I described, it looks like a stage !!! Does anybody know a band that ever took such a foto?? If not… you are the first

As I said after tomorrow my review, I want to do it in a way so that you can benefit from it…No rushing job here from Heavycelli .Now I am gonna make some preparations for the training. Hope the mp3 gives me that extra moyenne. Stay tuned !

metalizer said:
Hey Heavycelli i am speachless thats the coolest response i have ever recived, i will never forget this.i grew up in thyboron or more exactly Harboore 4 miles from thyboron 300 meters from the beach so i know the excact bunkers you are talking about i spend about 16 years playing and later on partying in those bunkers. We actually talked about doing a fotoshoot at infront of a bunker we will do that next time just for you thats a promise. I am looking forward to the review.Greetings from Danny Hove Jensen Aka Metalizer and the rest of Transparent.Btw we are from Aalborg in north Jutland
Hi Heavycelli, i must agree with my fellow band member here! that response is EXACTLY what we have been waiting for, something constructive, you fucking rock!! Thank you very much for taking the time to doing so! Greets fro René The lead singer

Judgement can only be effectively performed with an opinioniated summary based on elements taken from the assessment - therefore, when you say something is crap, you have to state why you think its crap,

Thanks Tertis

This is rock music, not particle physics.

Its crap to me cos I didnt like, the riffs, music, drums or vocals.
Music is judgemental

Please procede to slag off metaliser for saying Blaze is shite without "an opinionated summarry"

I dont have to tell anyone Transparent sucks, just go to the website and find out.

No I dont have a band cos I've got no talent. Dont expect to advertise on the internet and take no flak.

You asked for people to listen . I did. I dont like it. Live with it

You jerk

OK, Guys. Enough, yeah?

Gregger - you said your piece. You didn't think much of Transparent. Fair enough, people have different tastes. There is no problem with that. You've said what you've thought, now how about starting a conversation - or creating a thread - that is not full of hatred and a method of seeking attention? Your past history on the forum is reflecting a lot of issues that you may need to address at some point.
And, by the way, I'm quite a fan of Blaze myself. I think that 'Sign Of The Cross' was a class album. I am a particular fan of 'Silicon Messiah' also.

Metalizer & Replicator - Only respond to posts from members that you feel you have time for, OK? You're doing a great job and, as HeavyCelli has proved, the forum is full of usefull people with advice, insight and stuff! These days, the best way to promote yourself is on the Net and your doing a great job. Unfortunately you're going to get some people on the way providing only negative comments for the sake of it (mainly due to jealousy). But ignore them and get on with it! Remember, people like that have no idea what work, commitment and effort is required to work in a band and make your own material.
There are going to be people that have no time for you, so give no time to them!! After all, what productivity can they offer you? Nothing, so sod 'em!
By the way, I love Maiden, but Saxon just beat 'em for me, along with Priest and a couple of others!

hey hey you guys, take it easy!! :) only haveing a conversation here, SO WHAT, Gregger dosent like our music, well okay, and we dont like Blaze, well thats just the way we are different from one another, it would be quite boring if we all liked the same shit wouldent it??

But still Gregger, you could have found something better to say than just plain SHITE, i dont go around calling you shit?? ;) hehe

Chill guys, and lets all get along, and let music unite us, instead of tearing this forum up with hate threads! ;)

CHEERS from The Replicator

Heeey dudes, if you checked out the shit, don´t hesitate to write som feedback in our forum or in the guestbook, that would be really nice!! see you all later..

Greets from Replicator :headbang:

"It would be quite boring if we all liked the same shit wouldent it??"

"Chill guys, and lets all get along, and let music unite us, instead of tearing this forum up with hate threads!"

The Replicator has spoken!

Couldn't agree with you more, my Friend!

By the way, I tryed to leave a comment in your Guestbook, but was unable to do so. However, this may not be a problem with your site, more likely a problem with my PC. As all the regular members know, I've been having a few technical difficulties with my crappy PC and decided to see it out until I can buy myself a new laptop! I've wasted far too much cash in trying to get this bloody thing working correctly!
Because of these problems, I've been unable to download your material, therefore limiting me to providing decent feedback. But regarding the presentation of your site, as HeavyCelli said, it definately does the business. Attractive and organised. Your correct in personally thanking the designer - he's done a good job!
Getting that initial attention from potential fans is the hard part, but if you get people to just look at the site for a few minutes you've done the job! They can then make up their mind and think its not the music for them, but if they (even) slightly like what they hear, you've got 'em!
Anyhoo, keep up the excellent work! And I hope to hear your stuff soon!! Fingers Crossed!

nightwar said:
The Replicator has spoken!

Couldn't agree with you more, my Friend!

By the way, I tryed to leave a comment in your Guestbook, but was unable to do so. However, this may not be a problem with your site, more likely a problem with my PC. As all the regular members know, I've been having a few technical difficulties with my crappy PC and decided to see it out until I can buy myself a new laptop! I've wasted far too much cash in trying to get this bloody thing working correctly!
Because of these problems, I've been unable to download your material, therefore limiting me to providing decent feedback. But regarding the presentation of your site, as HeavyCelli said, it definately does the business. Attractive and organised. Your correct in personally thanking the designer - he's done a good job!
Getting that initial attention from potential fans is the hard part, but if you get people to just look at the site for a few minutes you've done the job! They can then make up their mind and think its not the music for them, but if they (even) slightly like what they hear, you've got 'em!
Anyhoo, keep up the excellent work! And I hope to hear your stuff soon!! Fingers Crossed!

Thank you Nightwar :) sorry to hear about your computer, hope that the problem i solved soon, or you get the laptop ;) Glad you like the website, the webmaster will be pleased to hear that! We have had 1300 visits, allmost 1400 soon, since the 17th, and thats something that makes very proud, that so many people like yourself took the time to check us out! Thank you very much!!! You guys rule!!!!!!! :headbang:

First … This Saxon – Member board is in my opinion.. the most critical board on the web as it concerns metal, hardrock. When we on this board don’t slice a product into pieces, it must be something good. Even we as Saxon-fans are critical to our own heroes Biff, Nibbs, doug, etc..and what they produce, we are no slimeballs at all..just read what we sometimes write down on comments to a new Saxon Album. Thatsnowhere shown on a band-Forum. We all here are honest people who say what we have to say. So Mr. Gregger can say what he wants to say. That doesn’t mean we have to agree. But I always say: “Loquendi Libertatum Custodiamus” Lets defend the freedom of speech. I always say:”even if I don’t agree with what some people say I always will defend their right to say what they say, even if I am totally opposite minded” On that point I fully understand Nightwar’s point and I defend mr. Greggers right to give his statement.

Ok back to Transparent. I must say I am content with the mp3 ‘s . It is of a good quality.. its recorded very well, the production is good..its much, much better than the average. You people of Transparant did do a nice job. It doesn’t sound amateuristic like lots of newcommers, you sound like a band that is professional and has lots of creativity in your boddy and has the potential to grow ..

What now comes is just what came into my mind while riding my sportsbike and my headphones on.

Song Why:

0.00 sec- 0.52 sec : What a nice start-intro, reminded me of Megadeth, fantasticc

0.53- 1.37 sec: Strong vocals. Not my taste of vocals, but that’s is just subjective from my point of view, but your voice is a good instrument and fits to the music.

Percussion is very good, the only thing was at 2.49-2.50 sec I do hear a thickthat is out of order, just one thick too many (But also that is subjective, others might not even notica at all, your sticksman must be very talented and have some xperience otherwise he can’t be that good, so very good mr. drummer! Sometimes I hear Georg Michael.

3.02 sec-3.22 sec nice that guitar playing I hear Iron Maiden

3.23 sec-3.33 sec idem very nice playing I really like it Megadeth Style m.o.

3.33 sec – 3.43 sec does remind me of metallica a bit like the second song on the Ride the Lightening Album

3.43 sec- 4.06 sec Nice preperation to the vocals part. Maybe something for the Vocals: Do sometimes make some variation? You can do that, your voice is good enough. Or some slow down-moments as a bridge to the guitar solo ( Just like on saxon-Lionheart number)? Just some suggestions. Just constructive things, just things to say..maybe in future..or no way..

4.06 sec – end lovely outro

On a scale 1-10 I give this song a 7

Lyrics : Its ok, the only thing there is missing an ‘o ‘ in the sentence : “I’ve realised its all too late. The word Alas ? can anybody help me with that word? The Lyric fits to the music that’s a good thing.

Song Unparralelled

0.00 sec- 31 sec: Mega good intro, on my sportbike, it just gave me the speed I needed at some time. I can whistle it, that’s my way of finding out if its on my C-drive in the head. I always do the same with saxon-songs. Very professional sound

0.32 sec- 0.53 ; Gives that something scarry to the song, like it

0.53 sec- 1.24 : I like he way the vocals comes out of that guitar part.

1.25 sec- 1.47 : the chorus is nice, but after repeating heard it it becomes a bit boring

1.47 – 1.56 sec : on 1.56 I like that Tempo-halt (That’s what I mean with slowing down moments)

1.56- 2.30 sec: same comment on the chorus..The vocals is ok and functional.

2.31 sec- 2.50 sec : WOW! I like this part a lot !! well done!! More of this Guitar work!!

2.50- 3.50 sec I hear sometimes A song called “Die for thy sinns” forgot the bandname

3.50 sec- 4.34 sec : to me next to the intro, the BEST part of this song It has a flavour mix of maiden, megadeth, slayer (Slayer is the band that Saxon-Bass-player Nibbs carter likes a lot) It gave me chicken-skinn this part very good!My opinion others may think their own, just my opinion.

4.34 sec to end: funny outro

On a scale 1-10 I give this song a 7,5

Lyrics: Well done. I understand what you wanna say, also good to learn difficult words. You must have been quite good in english Mr Danny Hove Jensen..

Song Defcon 5;

0.0 sec- 45 sec nice intro with : “ hey, hey..” maybe a bit too long 45 seconds (?)

45 sec- 1.26 sec a bit of a filler part, should be more surrounded by guitar riffs, underneath it, just little small ones . Compare to Saxon-Lionheart album “To live by the sword”song

1. 28 sec- 1.37 sec : I like that vocal part (Metalica kind Sad but True sound)

1.37sec - < . should have been more surprising

On a scale 1-10 I give this song a 6

Lyrics; Very social-political components. I understand what you mean and want to express

Song Nothingness

0 sec- 0.46 : Not my cup of tea

0.46 – 1.38sec : The vocal part, I know others will like it, but I am more of the melodic-shout it out vocal types, bands vocalists in bands like Ratt, Dokken, Maiden, Saxon, Dio and others. I am not fond of Slayer kind voices, sorry.. But your voice, what quality concerns, is ok rene, so nothing wrong with that part of voice-judging.

1.38 -< The chorus is to me a bit boring , certainly after repeating a view times.

On a scale 1-10 I give this song a 5

Lyrics: Very nice reading, no bullshit just Transparent

Song : Mutual assured destruction

0 sec- 0,33 sec WOW what good! Not as long as the defcon 5 song. I always say: “ an intro not longer then 40 seconds” This song gets me from the start. I did whistle this a lot during my training!

0.34 sec 0.44 sec same critisism a in previous song but

The vocals part 0.44-0.55 sec I really like that voacal part, it has some more variation than on the other songs, but of course this is just my subjective taste. But I know now you are able to make variation in your voice, so you have the abillity to do it so maybe on the forthcoming albums Rene, just play with your voice…it will give more melody to it. You are capable to do it, but I can never intervere in the bands choices and visions and I will not intend to do so, you must stand behind it, not what I want. Too much outside pressure is not always good. Saxon has done the same in the middle eighties (destiny… fill in yourself, apart from a view songs)

Curious to hear what the guitars will bring on the solo part on this song

On a scale 1-10 I give this song a 6

Lyric : Nice Phrase :" We’ve seen religions Culminate, caused by oppositions from fascist states” Caught my attention immediatelly. I understand what ya mean.

Guys of Transparent You did a good job! The average Figur is a 6,3 . but don’t let it disappoint you, (Not at all!!) when you get a note above the 6 its just a good score, especially when its from me. A lot of bands do not even reach a 4. You have the potenty to grow to a band that will preform throughout Europe and far beyond. I let some friends of my listen to your MP3 of you guys , and they are more into bands like slayer en testament, and they said:” It sounds good!” Not bad!! So you people of Transparent can grow, see this as a goal and a stimulation to go on with the things you are doing now., I always compare the first Saxon album with the saxon-babies that came after that, and that where the better ones in growing taste en quality m.o. …

Ok see forward to the other MP 3 of Transparent, sofar good people gonna poor me a nice dutch jenever from Hooghoudt in my glass and enjoy the music and the fire water

Hey again i was really dissapointed that you didn't do the review when you promised to do it ,so i just thought that you hated it.I was very exited when i saw your post and i must say that the songs are really dissected down to the smallest details,you have really studied our songs and the review is even better than i expected,since we don't sound that much like Saxon,i really love Saxon it was one of the first bands i got into,i'v seen them tree times at Wacken.Anyway you really deserve credit for your review if you give me your adress i will send you a copy of our cd as soon as we recive the final product(that will be i the middle of next week) plese join our forum to.Then you can do a full review of all the songs if you are up for it,it really makes us happy to hear from positive people like you who know what music is all about,i'm in a hurry so i would just like to say thanks once more for your kind words and overwhelming dedication to metal.

Thanx very much metalizer. Yes you are right.. I should have been more clearer, I wrote somewhere "after tomorrow you get the review" After tomorrow is in fact evryday after tomorrow..I always give me some time to listen and then to write down pieces. No time shedule in such cases. I wanna listen without force. I always take time.. Thank you for the offer of the Final CD-version, we keep in touch for details etc.. Mate!

heavycelli@hotmail.com