anyone into real metal should check this out

metalizer said:
Since when has metal ever been about doing something different from everbody else,it's not that i think that we unoriginal i'm just saying that most metal is about sticking to the rules

http://www.live4metal.com/cradleoffun.htm

These rules? o_O

Seriously, when has metal been about following any rules besides... you know, enjoy it? As for not trying to make anything any different, that's all well and good if your main aim is to get a review in Kerrang a couple of times.

But whatever, if you have a problem with someone not saying how fantastic you are etc etc, it's really simple man, keep your music to your bedroom and get a boner everytime your Mam says, 'Ooooh you're getting good aren't you?' It never started out with Gav being rude or saying you're crap or anything like that and you are going to get a million times worse stuff than that said to you. Are you going to spit your dummy out and get offended everytime it happens, or grow up a bit and learn to accept not everyone is going to have a wank over the music you make.

I have never been offended by Gavin not likeing my music,how many times will i have to say this,He said that he wanted something special that didn't sound like anything else, and i just said that i never promised it to be something that sounded like nothing else.With a headline like Anyone into real metal should check this out,i think that headline tells you what to expect.Why does everyone seem to think that i'm offended that Gavin dosen't like my music? i really don't know what you're talking about.If you ask for someones opinion and the person answers back, is it then not ok to ask why they think what they think.To just say it sucks or rule dosn't say anything about the music or the person reviewing it.

metalizer said:
I think you are the one with a bad attitude ,you are entiteled to your opinion i was just making a point that we never promised you to be something that was different compaered to anything else

Well. Your thread title sort of leads people to believe you guys are higher then everything else because you are infact "real metal". Im not saying i dont like you guys, your pretty good. Solos are very skillful, but i can see what Gavin means when he says generic.

I really don't understand why people are so serious about what label you put on your music.In my opinion we are real metal, we are honest to our metal roots and we don't play metal to follow any trends,everything seems to be labeled nu metal and metalcore these days some say we share elements with some of those bands,maybe we do but i don't want people to think we sound like Killswich engage because we dont.We are just presenting our music to people the way we hear it, :headbang: we have never led anyone to belive that we are better than other bands, we just don't think that our metal fits into any of these catagories.,I can't see why we are still discussing this subject to some real metal is Manowar and nothing else and to others it is death metal ,thrash or whatever,the bottomline is that to me real metal is about being real and true to the music you play and not just follow trends or do it for the money.

metalizer said:
I really don't understand why people are so serious about what label you put on your music.In my opinion we are real metal we are honest to our metal roots and we don't play metal to follow any trends,everything seems to be labeled nu metal and metalcore these days, some say we share elements with some of those bands,maybe we do but i don't want people to think we sound like Killswich engage because we dont.We are just presenting our music to people the way we hear it we have never led anyone to belive that we are better than other bands, we just don't think that our metal fits into any of these catagories.,I can't see why we are still discussing this subject to some real metal is Manowar and nothing else and to others it is death metal ,thrash or whatever,the bottomline is that to me real metal is about being real and true to the music you play and not just follow trends or do it for the money.

Well, i just think you take this whole "real metal" thing too far. You shouldnt have to worry about "following the rules", or "being honest to your metal roots". Just play music that you comes out naturally for you. Fuck this rule shit. When has metal ever been about following rules. Sticking to your roots really is just limiting your guys abiltiy to expand your sound. Try going going beyond your roots and see what happens.. You'll have alot better a chance at success. Again this is my advice. I am in a band so i do know what im talking about. Take it or leave it.

We stay true to our roots without limiting ourselves,That was my whole point,we stay true to the music we belive in, i was talking about on own roots like the stuff we like,be it old or new it dosen't matter as long as it is what we like.Gavin is back i was almost starting to miss you.

ALRIGHT...

This thread is ridiculous. Gavin was not being insulting at all, and it was just an opinion.. There's no need for sides on this one, its in black and white, or in this case a dark shade of green and white... Gavin didn't do anything wrong and this guy needs to remove any sticks or other miscellaneous items from his ass.. Now here's my 37 cents on the matter.

I'm really tired of everywhere I go seeing people post about their band and they get a few compliments and BOOM. EGO IS WAY UP HERE! ^

Then, one person tends to disagree with a valid opinion stating why, and yup, it all goes to hell. As the arguement goes further the person with the valid opinion starts to give up and slowly just talk nonsense, and the person with the promoted band usually ends up taking it seriously and trying to call that person on their idiocy and lack of a valid opinion and immature behavior regarding their "amazing" band....

IT'S STUPID! Take the good with the bad dammit. Not everyone is perfect. And I've listened to it and enjoyed some of it but you know what, I wouldn't keep the cd in my car, I couldn't listen to it over and over again and thats because it doesn't make me raise an eyebrow and say "fucking awesome"... So that means there is always room for improvement. And rules? Bah. Metal knows not of rules. You start playing what you fucking love and then those characteristics go into giving ur music style a genre. If you start out just sticking to one style saying we're going to be true etc etc.. Then it has already lost it's appeal. Play from the heart and play what you love, if you're making a band and writing songs and using a checklist.. It's no better than the bullshit pop culture eats up everyday..

My opinion.