anyone into real metal should check this out

Er, no

Sorry but I think Lionheart is a very poor album and I havn't listened to it since it came out. Dont want to dig that up again , I've said my piece.

Sorry I didn't like Transparent. Thats hardly "controversial".

I have a differnce of opinion over those matters and I feel you guys have really jumped down my throat in an unjustified way over that and made plenty of uncalled for comments

I actually emailed Vince and asked him to take that joke off the website. Not that Vince wouldn't have taken it off himself, but I just didn't know when he would next check this forum. The joke didn't offend me, but I knew it would offend plenty of others. But the main reason I wanted it off this website was because it reflects badly on Saxon, seeing as this is their official website. I didn't want people getting the wrong idea about what Saxon and this website is all about. Anyone with half a brain and is a Saxon fan would not have posted such a thread on here. Fingers joke was hardly the same thing as well you know Gregger.

And no I am not a teacher.

Valanx Said:
"Ok.... so a few of the guys here have rubbed you up the wrong way...Why take it to heart so much? My band has been called just about every bad bastard thing you can think of!!! Learn to feed of the negative as well as the positive mate.

So what if its not intelligent constructive critique. These are peoples opinions and feelings towards what you have presented them with, and if YOU like them or not it isnt relevant at all, because you cannot change a thing by throwing insults back.

If somebody says my music is shite, then i ask myself
"why do THEY think its shite?" and what can i do about that.

Some say you can learn so much more from criticism than praise, take what has been said on board and learn from it....
...or... just have a laugh about it at the very least!!

I liked the design of your site, and the music was ok...I just could not seem to post here because i was always too busy laughing my ass off at this thread...So fucking what though eh? .....Do you see what im trying to say?

It doesnt really change what you have done and what your doing right? Roll with the punches, laugh at the flamers...You could actually learn alot more from this thread than you think!"

Valanx, well spoken, my good man! When you are a musician, critisism is your worst and best critic!

And, regarding the qualifications and stuff - I left school with bloody nothing, yet I'm doing ok now. Everyone is different and they learn in different ways.

Gregger, you said:
"I have a differnce of opinion over those matters and I feel you guys have really jumped down my throat in an unjustified way over that and made plenty of uncalled for comments"

Fair enough - a difference of opinion or disagreement is ok by me, as long as it is expressed in a justified and civil fashion. But, I'm sorry to say, you came across a little too offensive during your initial converastions and, therefore, set a standard of response that you are experiencing now.
I'm sure various members would provide a 'fresh start' if the opportunity was there. But, of course, that opportunity is down to how you conduct yourself in the future.

Paxoman said:
I actually emailed Vince and asked him to take that joke off the website. Not that Vince wouldn't have taken it off himself, but I just didn't know when he would next check this forum. The joke didn't offend me, but I knew it would offend plenty of others. But the main reason I wanted it off this website was because it reflects badly on Saxon, seeing as this is their official website. I didn't want people getting the wrong idea about what Saxon and this website is all about. Anyone with half a brain and is a Saxon fan would not have posted such a thread on here. Fingers joke was hardly the same thing as well you know Gregger.

And no I am not a teacher.

A serious suggestion in amongst the squabbling, perhaps Vince should consider one or more of us to help out as moderators ?

Fingers - Vince is a very busy guy and would probably appreciate the help. If anything, keeping in touch with him by email (like Paxo above) has proved to be pretty effective in the past.

Paxo - No need to drag it all up, but did I miss this offensive joke? I remember seeing some jokes about other nations and stuff, but nothing that I felt was that bad.

valanx said:
Believe me, the fact that you are asking means you did indeed miss it !

Absolutely!! It left me totally speechless - and believe me, that just does NOT happen!! Anyone with any sense would know something like that would go down like a lead balloon with the majority of people.

Fingers, Sam & Valanx:

OK - Thanks.

I'm kind of glad I missed it. I'm the first to enjoy a decent joke, and I am definately not one to get offended easily!

I feel that their has been a pattern of behaviour occuring on the forum. We don't have to put up with this if it isn't appropriate.
If someone wants to contact me on the internal email regarding this offensive comment, please do so. If it is substantial, Vince will be contacted to recommend the relevant source of offence is excluded from the forum.

Sorry to get all serious, folks, but by what you say it must have been pretty bad!