Anyone like Lacuna Coil??!?

AllWithinTheAss, you still dare post here? You have lost all respect, time to sod off.

As for Lacuna Coil, they indeed are a cheap knock-off of more talented bands with a female vocalist, I can't be bothered to listen to crap like that. If I want beautiful female vocals I'll go for Elend or a number of other bands, not this piece or tard.

NiggamantAh i never asked for your respect so I could give two twisted sister testicals about it one way or the other. I shall post where u fucking choose niblet. So go fuck listen to elend or elven or ellen degeneres. Whatever the fuck your pussy fearin faggettry arse listens to. Evidently i got under your skin if you have to refer to me in your post.

Under my skin? No, I like to point out assholeness, I seldom write friendly posts. Your knowledge of music isn't very good but your use of bad words is considerably better. Therefore I will write what I feel like writing and I will be hoping for a funny response. :)

LuminousAether said:
Lacuna Coil are not goth metal. They are nu metal. They are simplistic and derivative bullshit music for the morons of metal, the lackluster idiots who accept any old shitty slab of garbage because it has a female vocalist even though the music is beyond dull and so formulaic that it makes Trent Reznor blush.

Once again you seem to be speaking out of your asshole. Nu metal?? You may enjoy thinking you know everything about every genre of music if you want but it is too obvious that you are simply an ignorant self important elitist wannabe. Who are you to say what is shit? Are you me? No. Are you any of these other people who happen to like Lacuna? No. Its cool to like what you like but you seem to bash everything and everyone at every oppurtunity when they like something you dont.

Shut the fuck up already LuminousAss.

Well, I think LC do have soem obvious down points, especially the need to rely on choruses so much. I mean they often have a good song going and just when it seems to be going somewhere really interesting, they just repeat the chorus a bunch of times and then end. They need to throw in some more diverse stuff on there next CD. Comalies was virtually just solid 3-5 min verse-choruses from start to finish. They need some real epics. Also, I find Christinas voice gets too samey and she needs to strectch herself a bit more.

Having said that, I love LC! You cant listen to songs like My Wings, Faling (again), Purify, When A Dead Man Walks, Unspoken etc and say its sub-linkin park. That's just stupid. And when they DO try somehting a bit different like Senzafine, tightrope or Angels Punishment its awesome. Plus how ever many choruses they may do, they are still bloody good. And I saw them live last year and they were fantastic.
Still think Unleashed Memories is their best album.

I agree, I think When A Dead Man Walks, A Current Obsession, Comalies, & a bunch of others show their talent. I agree on being a lil repetitive on the chrous' but maybe that is their way of doing things, maybe to get their point across?

I don't know, but I have always loved them. Being a female vocalist myself, I think that she does need to stretch herself more, although, she does sound different on many of the songs, such as Unspoken vs The Ghost Woman and The Hunter. I have noticed that she tends to go deeper on some songs, pushes herself on others & just sounds similar, I guess that is just her vocal range.

I have never beheld such talent among all the other female vocalists out there. Although, Karyn Crisis does have some brutal chords & whatnot heh. Same as the chic from Arch Enemy, although, I couldn't see myself listening to them as much as Lacuna, but all in the same, I think they have morbid sound.

There are bits on Comalies where Christinas vocals are very striking but everytime I listen to the album when she hits the high notes at teh end of the last track it just makes me think, why didnt she do more of that before! Theres nothing twattier than Christina Aguileira style vocal acrobatics for the point of it but I wouldnt mine if Scabbia showed off a little in the right places!

Oh yeah, and whoever compaired LC to The Gathering. WTF! Lots of people say that, and its such bollocks. The 2 bands are so differnet, especially if you look at TG's more experimental recent stuff. LC are full on metal with goth bits. Full stop. Whereas the Gathering have strings, horns, dirty synths and have done stuff from almost black metal to popy ballads to instruments with trombones. Compare something like "To Live Is To Hide" with "Black Light DIstrict". Completely different.