anyone like maiden?

dom

face in the sky
Aug 1, 2002
whats your opinion of iron maiden ?
i'd say they are probably my all time favourite band, but i have so many other favourite bands....
eg, TESTAMENT!!!! hehe:headbang:

anyone looking forward to maiden's new album?
apparently they've put the basic tracks down for the whole album, just needing the finishing touches.
thats gonna kick ass!!

dom

Originally posted by dom
whats your opinion of iron maiden ?
dom

Does the words DIE WITH YOUR BOOTS ON MEAN ANYTHING? I'm a long time die hard fan of Maiden. Dickensen is one of my all time metal mouths, behind Chuck that is------------------>:worship: :worship: :heh:

well, you can't compare the two singers, totally different.

but maiden will always kick ass, every album they've done is amazing, i don't dislike any of them

I personally love Maiden, The best years for me where from the first self titled album, all the way to Powerslave, Testament toured with Iron Maiden, on The fear Of The Dark Tour. And their last album(Brave New World) is by far their best in years, also Testament played 3 festivals with them, on this tour in Europe. And they were awesome every night(both Iron Maiden & Testament). Now as the band itself, they love Iron Maiden as much as I do, thats for sure. And respect them alot, & like everyone of them as musicians(excluding Janis). Steve Harris is by far one of the best Bass players, as well as a major song writer. Bruce(a dying breed) is a great singer & frontman. As for duo guitar teams, Dave Murray & Adrian Smith are amoung the best in their genre. And solid Drumming from Clive Burr & Nicko McBrain.

I always thought IM was ok...I don't turn it off when it comes on..but I also think they are way overrated. Just don't see all the hype. They put on a really good live show...and Eddy is pretty cool:)

Thats because your to young, & they never enfluenced you enough(growing up), when they were in their prime. And maybe because girls don't dig them as much as the guys do, try Bon Jovi,
or Winger, those are chick bands..........:) :)
But you finally did turn around, look your here at the TL board:lol:

I agree with Deadly Embrace: From the 1st self titled album up through Powerslave is absolute classic! Piece of Mind is one of the alltime best heavy metal albums. The World Slavery tour was the most amazing arena metal tour ever.

"nahhhh, they are shit" (posted by the walkindouche)

It would figure this would be your opinion.
I think Deadly also nailed it on the head about some people being too young to have been influenced by Maiden.

Well I'm not that young and I'm old enough to have been around and listening to music in the late '70's and all of the '80's...unless Maiden was around in the '60's? Hmmmmm. You old farts and your infinite wisdom really put me in my place didn't ya? Guess I'll crawl back under my rock and dig out my Bon Jovi and Winger (since I'm female and that's probably what I dig).

I'd almost be willing to bet that my taste in music is heavier than quite a few people on here....Maiden is just not 'da bomb in my world....K?

maiden ROCK!!!
why do people not like janick?
i think all 3 guitarists rock...
i walked past bruce dickinson in the street last summer, i guess he had just come out of the BBC building where he does his rock show.
oh and also, there is a hospital at the end of my road- that's where adrian smith was born...

Because he acts like a gay ferry dancing in a ballet, he's a show off, & they do not need a third guitar player. Why do you like him, is a better question for you to ask yourself?.............:)

well, in my opinion they all fucking rule, janick might be a show off etc....
but who cares, they all show off, it's part of their fucking greatness to make their show one of the best gigs you'll go to, and also janick is a great guitarist.

"JUDAS PRIEST Management Co-Ordinator Jayne Andrews has shot down reports of a possible summer pairing between PRIEST and IRON MAIDEN in what would mark the first time the two metal legends would tour together since 1983."

So much for that!

:mad:

that would so fucking rule if they all went on tour, Testament, Maiden and Priest!!!
fucking right!!!
i'd go to that even if i had to beg someone for the money,
it would be my destiny.

Maiden fucking suck. Bruce is a whiny womany dick(inson) and their music is just so limp and samey I can't understand why anyone likes them. I hate them so much that i've got 8 of their albums, I listen to them regularly, and i've even got a giant poster of bruce on my wall from the rock in rio tour. :loco: