Anyone rocking an ADA MP1 guitar preamp?

You should be able to get away with it, read your manual to make sure (as always!) but you should be able to go direct into impulses or a Palmer and be fine.

Jeff

You should be able to get away with it, read your manual to make sure (as always!) but you should be able to go direct into impulses or a Palmer and be fine.

Jeff

You can run this directly through impulse no problem but MP1+9100=win:lol:

You can run this directly through impulse no problem but MP1+9100=win:lol:

thanks but okay im still kinda confuse why does the Marshall 9100 make it better as you suggested??

I dont understand how the 9110 combined with the MP1 make the combo a better one. lol

thanks but okay im still kinda confuse why does the Marshall 9100 make it better as you suggested??

I dont understand how the 9110 combined with the MP1 make the combo a better one. lol

For me real amp is better than impulse and 9100 is a really good poweramp;)

okay I see but in my situation since i dont intend on using and speakers, (im just recording with IR's) i dont need poweramp right?

xmortumx, you do not need a power amp for your purposes. Just run the mp-1 directly into your soundcard and then run that signal through one of the guitarhacks impulses like Decimator did. It will sound great. I ran my mp-1 into a microcab which is a mic'd speaker cab emulator (which basically takes the place of where you would be using the ir) then ran that signal directly into the soundcard. No power amp.

Notuern that sounds pretty good !

I Had one a few years back too and mine was sooo noisy on the distortion channel and unfortunately i sold it before i found out there were mods available,
It ok through a solid state amp but great through a valve amp.
built in chorus was quite good too.

Ive considered buying another one since and modding it but never really got round to it.

Thanks man!
I could get it to sound better if i tweaked the EQ before the amp(I use EQ instead of TS.).. but im working on another song at the moment, so i didnt want to mess with it. :)

I dont think its noisier then any other preamp out there(Most preamps are a bit noisier then regular heads.).
As long as you keep the gain within reasonable levels you should be fine.. and modding it seems like a waste to me, its a great amp as it is.
IF i would do a mod on my unit, it would be the 3TM(Decreases noise, increases dynamics and amount of gain but leaves the tone as it is.).

It may well be that mine needed a darn good service,
i just remember tremendous amounts of hiss (more than my other valve pre ive used) when you weren't playing and you kept the strings muted,
Looking back i dont think i gave it enough of a chance and i shoulda got it checked out before selling it on, and at the time i thought a marshall JMP-1 was what i wanted instead (i still have that and love it despite what some people say about em).
Thats what makes me wonder if i want another one again :)

Your clip certainly sounds better than how i remember mine though.

Well, they dont cost much, so why not?
And yeah, from the clips ive heard, i would definitely say that the MP-1 is better then the JMP-1.

What the MP-1 really excels at is leads.. i just love cranking up the clean channel until it distorts.. its warm, rich in harmonics, dynamic and has just the right amount of "snap" on the pick-attack.

Anyways, i might post a better clip later tomorrow when im done with my other song. :)

cool il look forward to hearing it,
Im no lead player just a chugger :) but it may be useful for my studio production anyhow to go with my other pre's

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/876568/thrash.mp3

There ya go!
As you can hear i had some problems with intonation.. the reason for that is that this guitar was strung up with 09's, which is waaaaaaaaay to thin for anything faster then 80bpm. :lol:

As i said previously, im working on another song that will show how it sounds for 80's metal(Kind of similar to Whitesnake.).. but i wont upload that for at least a month. :p

What's your signal chain?

Ts > mp1 > para eq > cab ?

My guitarist has an mp1 and hes finally seeing it's quite must and dated. Not because the mp1 but because he doesn have a damn ts already haha