Anyone see this joke of a list yet?

The Stormbringer said:
Well, Dream Theater are pretty popular, John P is a recognized guitar maestro... I was surprised he wasn´t included as well.
By the way... the fact that Mr. Hammet is included makes the list a bunch of crap by default.

DT are popular with/and Petrucci is recognized as a virtuoso by prog musicians and guitar geeks, nothing more. At least here in America. I would never call them a popular band, since that implies mainstream popularity. They have a strong cult following and thats it.

Yngvai X said:
DT are popular with/and Petrucci is recognized as a virtuoso by prog musicians and guitar geeks, nothing more.
It´s guitar geeks who should do this list... sadly, that´s not the case, so we have Kirk Hammet and Kurt Cobain among the world´s best guitarists. :ill:

EDIT: fixed an evil, embarrasing typo. :loco:

I agree with Amanda though we should make our own list of the best guitarists based on who we know of. And I think prog musicians are more qualified than the people of Rolling Stone Magazine to answer that because they have heard a wide range of music, especially metal where it's the bands business to have fantastic talent.

1. Greg Howe (GENIUS)
2. Mike Romeo
3. Tony MacAlpine
4. Frank Gambale
5. Allan Holdswoth
6. JP
7. Jason Becker
and on and on . . . .

Platinum Maze said:
This is the list of the greatest guitarists of all time according to the new issue of Rolling Stone.

10 Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones
11Kirk Hammett of Metallica
12 Kurt Cobain of Nirvana

18 John Frusciante of the Red Hot Chili Peppers

24 The Edge of U2

26 Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave

100 Kim Thayil of Soundgarden

LOL!
ROFLMAO!
OMG!
:loco:

Yeah. It's a pretty ridiculous list. :) At least there was one finn on the list, though. :D

WTF!?
What a shit list...
Rollin' Stone sucks!

And, man, I know some people who thinks "Kirk Hammett is the best ever!!!", they look to this kind of list and say: "Man, this is wrong, Kirk's number is #1"

I don''t know if I cry or laugh!

and I'm so happy to be a Guitar Geek!

SilentRealm said:
I agree with Amanda though we should make our own list of the best guitarists based on who we know of. And I think prog musicians are more qualified than the people of Rolling Stone Magazine to answer that because they have heard a wide range of music, especially metal where it's the bands business to have fantastic talent.

I agree!!!
This list of Rollin' Stone is ridiculous!

Yeah it was a terrible list, i mean where the fuck was John McLaughlin. Only guitarists who wrote catchy blues-rock songs got on that list.

[QUOTE='Shuggah]LOL!
ROFLMAO!
OMG!

Yeah. It's a pretty ridiculous list. :) At least there was one finn on the list, though. :D[/QUOTE]
All those guitarists are good, except for Kurt Cobain.

SilentRealm said:
And I think prog musicians are more qualified than the people of Rolling Stone Magazine to answer that because they have heard a wide range of music, especially metal where it's the bands business to have fantastic talent.
Classical, Jazz and fusion require more talent and knowledge to play than metal does.

[QUOTE='Shuggah]LOL!
ROFLMAO!
OMG!

Yeah. It's a pretty ridiculous list. :) At least there was one finn on the list, though. :D[/QUOTE]

Shuggah, I completely agree with you. Those rankings are ridiculous. Kim Thayil should be ranked WAY higher.

Knight of the Templar said:
#17 - Jack White of The White Stripes?!?!?!?! !:OMG: o_O

WTF?!

That list is pure crap. It's Rolling Stone. Equal of MTV in music bussiness.... yeah, sure... Jack White is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better than Blackmore, and Romeo... yeah, sure.... he can do a lot of incredible stuff with his guitar.... yeah, sure...

That pissed me off. If that imp is 17... dammit!

You beat me to that one. I like their CD, but there is no way in hell he should be on that list.