appetite suppressants/diet pills...

The big weight loss secret is going to be revealed...

Eat less, exercise more...common sense...burn more than you intake.

Don't get salads out...make your own...fast food and restaurant salads generally have more fat and calories than a cheeseburger.

It's mainly in the dressing/chicken. There is little you can do with salad on its own to make it unhealthy.

I don't understand this crusade against lettuce. A bowl of it does contain numerous antioxidants and vitamins, although admittedly it is somewhat devoid of the ability to really fill you up. I tend to mix my salad base with lettuce and cabbage, with some grated carrot, spinach and rocket if I'm feeling spicy. I had pakchoi yesterday, which was awesome. I just love dressings though, mayo based ones especially.

Being a Psycholgy student we always learn about the futility of "behaviour altering" drugs, eg: Anti-depressents = the most pointless and in some cases deadly things a depressed person can do.

So I'm thinking that the same idea may apply to dieting drugs. Becoming dependant on pills and then suffering withdrawal symptoms is never good.

It's mainly in the dressing/chicken. There is little you can do with salad on its own to make it unhealthy.

I don't understand this crusade against lettuce. A bowl of it does contain numerous antioxidants and vitamins, although admittedly it is somewhat devoid of the ability to really fill you up. I tend to mix my salad base with lettuce and cabbage, with some grated carrot, spinach and rocket if I'm feeling spicy. I had pakchoi yesterday, which was awesome. I just love dressings though, mayo based ones especially.

don't you know? obviously they dip their lettuce leaves in lard before serving their salads!

There's a lot of unjust lettuce hating going on here , romaine is delicious and nutritious.

Your body doesn't care what you look like, your body just cares that its alive and will do anything to keep it that way. Eat six balanced meals spread out over the day and your body will realize food is plentiful and wont store fat for energy because it wont think that food is scarce. If you're dead set on pills, avoid anything with the ECA stack. If you miss a dose, don't take more to compensate and stick directly to the directions on the pack - if not less than what the directed dose is. When you're trying stuff for the first time take 1/4 dose to see how it makes you feel. Usually weight loss pills are an ephedrine/caffeine pill designed to raise body temperature. Usually it will just make you sweat off water-weight and as soon as you stop the pills the water will return. It wont reduce bodyfat levels, so the only place you will see a difference is on the scale. Anything that claims it will target a certain area of the body (hips, thighs, stomach) is a pure lie. fat will be burned from the whole body at the same rate. I know a lot about this stuff, and the supplement industry is blocked full of bottles that will say stuff like "our awesome pills are specifically engineered to make you lose fat from your stomach." or that their product is "the latest research available" and etc.. its an easy thing to get caught in and ripped off.

I've heard "dieter's tea" is good for making you poo a lot and for not absorbing any of the food you eat.
eng101.gif

^ I'm talking about iceberg lettuce... .. Romaine is actually healthy, but the way I see it: if I'm already eating leaves, why not eat the REALLY REALLY good greens like mustard/ dandelion/ arugula/ spinach?