April Ethereal

Scourge of Malice said:
I've been listening to MYAH a lot lately and this song has grown on me soooooooo much. I think it's my favorite Opeth song now. Anyone else absolutely love it like I do?? And have they ever played it live?

The first Opeth song I Heard, it changed my life, and it's still my fav song :cool:

Very good song. It'd be my favourite if it was by most other bands.....But it's not even in my Top 4 songs on that album, heh......

April Ethereal is one of my favorite songs...
MAYH is my favorite album EVER. :)

Does anyone know why they haven't played it live?

MAYH used to be my least favorite Opeth album but over the past 3-4 months I just can't get it out of my cd player. One by one each song grew on me and now I consider it among my top 3 Opeth albums. And yes, April Etheral is a great song but When gets the nod for my favorite song on the album.

--

April Ehtereral caught my quickly. How can that intro not instantly grab you? But, IMO, When beats it out as best song on MAYH. It is still an amazing song.

They have never nor will they ever play it live to my knowledge. I'd kill for it though :)

Actually Mike said before the Deliverance tour that he hoped to add AE to the setlist, but it never happened. At least it shows Mike wants to play it live, maybe we'll get to hear it some day :)

Static said:
April Etheral took AGES to grow on me.

Now I love it.

yep same here. This song took me a long looooong time for me to fully appreciate, till one day I finally realised how spectacular it was now its one of my favourites off My Arms Your Hearse. The Amen Corner is another one that literally took forever for me to get into, I use to think nothing of it and honestly thought it was the less appealing song of the album then a couple years later it clicked and now its my favourite song off My Arms Your Hearse, truly a magnificent song I especially love the middle acoustic interlude and the ending just fucking amazing if you ask me, same sentiments go to the whole record.

:)

Of course My Arms Your Hearse is my favourite album also. April Ethereal, When, The Amen Corner, Demon of the Fall and Credence are all on it. All of these songs have been my favourite at one time or another (by ANY band). Incredible album.