Arabic metal music?

definitely try orphaned land...israeli band who blends eastern tunes with metal. they dont necessarily sing in arabic (some songs are in hebrew though), but they are a perfect band that can satisfy your "arabic" needs.

Other than Orphaned Land, the only Arabic metal band I know is Melechesh, which is sort of like black metal with eastern scales. Its pretty neat, and features Absu's drummer (everyone else in the band is Arabic/Middle Eastern I think).

Originally posted by bang
wow, oman.. thats cool!
whats the view on metal music down there? isnt it a very religious country?

Religious? Yeah. There are more mosques here on average than in Saudia Arabia. But its way more liberal that Saudia though. People are starting to become less religious nowadays, kinda like America in the 20s, where everyone was religious, but then starts flipping out. Thats whats happening here, and I'm kinda happy about it actually.

There aren't too many people that are into metal here, for the most part is just classified as "hard rock". On the extreme side, people think that they worship the devil, and all of that bullshit.

Thats pretty much it though.

Well, if you're after metal with a middle eastern undertone, check out

Spiral Architect - Insect (The flamenco breaks)
Spiral Architect - Cloud Constructor (The ending break...)
Dream Theater - Home
Symphony X - Egypt

....Also, check out The Tea Party.

The turkish band Pentagram has some oriental touch
they sing 3 songs in turkish on the album Anatolia

the album is available at centurymedia.net for only 3 pounds

I think it´s really good and diverse

and want to know what the hell happened w/ their newest release which was supposed to have come through CM in the States?!?!?

Haven't heard the Melechesh but if Proscriptor's on it, I'll definitely pick it up!! Thanks for the info . . .

Originally posted by Djöfull
The turkish band Pentagram has some oriental touch
they sing 3 songs in turkish on the album Anatolia

the album is available at centurymedia.net for only 3 pounds

I think it´s really good and diverse

forget anatolia,their latest album kicks ass; unspoken!

Actually guys, the first Moonspell album, entitled "Under the Moonspell", features extended middle eastern and spanish inspired jams, as well as lushly layered, eastern tinted black metal songs. Their best release, and its already 9 yrs old....

Originally posted by TexunNYC
and want to know what the hell happened w/ their newest release which was supposed to have come through CM in the States?!?!?

Haven't heard the Melechesh but if Proscriptor's on it, I'll definitely pick it up!! Thanks for the info . . .

I've been waiting for the follow up to El Norra... for years. I guess its hard to produce music when you live in a country with so much strife. They toured recently in Turkey, and supposedly the album is soon to follow (I've heard that one before).

wow, oman.. thats cool!

Because of the changing world situation, some people are gettin less religious, some more. People gettin more are not extremist though thats the biggest thing that ppl see wrong. They just have faith in Allah. SOME people are extreme, a small minority. I personally dont know any.

Metal scene: what metal scene? People here are into RnB, Rap, and pop. Its annoying, but i guess its better than if ppl like the ppl i know WERE metal fans...scary...
A while ago(5, 6 years..) alot of ppl were really into Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden stuff. And some Nirvana. But most of that died down since, maybe 1998 i dunno, and ppl turned to RnB and rap, and pop.

I'd like something like this also. My favorite songs are usually the ones with eastern sounding stuff in them. I'll check a few of the mentioned ones here.

wow, oman.. thats cool!

Wow! An Omani guy who listens to Opeth.. This is definately for the records.. In our country (Bahrain) its only me and like a small minority of ppl (7,8 guys) who listen to Opeth..

Nobody knows anything about Metal Music here. Their all into this R&b\rap\pop bullshit. Another small minority still surviving from the '70s listen to the old rock bands (Scorpions, Pink Floyd, Marillion etc). Im making a pretty cool metal band sometime. Even though I'm more influenced by Swedish\Finnish Folk rather than Arabic Scales\tunes I'm gonna make a mix of both. I've already written two songs, gonna post them here as soon as I record them when my new Audigy card arrives. :D

Sadistik... am checking out moonspell's first album now...

i've heard them before, but they weren't too great, but hopefully their first album is great, like you've said... i'll let you know what i think

-Splatterd in a corner