Architects - Broken Cross Cover + Multis

My "Sturgitects" attempt:

I didn't bother with whole track.
Deadstar, DIs are awesome, what audio interface you were using? Have you processed them somehow after/while recording?

I honestly think they're far from being good. Th chain anyway:
Kemper-spdif-m-audio profire 610 converter-daw

I'm still waiting for vocals, so far I've got a "bleh" and a few words. Vocalists come on!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's killer, but if I would change it than lower bass low-end a bit and probably that would ask kicks too. But mix is punching right in.

Thanks dude! I'm in the process of adaptation to Nebula 3 and new studio monitors so any review means a lot to me.

Here I leave the third and final attempt, tell me what you think. please. I've taken a bit of low-end, less volume in the kick and have equalized the master guiding me a bit in the original song

I only spent an hour on this and typically I don't do mixes of covers, but I'm in looove with this album at the moment

Hmm, now overall sound is more balanced for me, but I liked bass guitar better from previous version (it had better recognizable higher end and low bid growl). Although now sound like your kick's click has some reverb or something (not my preference tho). Also would be awesome if kick's sub punch could get through a touch more.

I think I've earned some word on my mix.

Hmm, now overall sound is more balanced for me, but I liked bass guitar better from previous version (it had better recognizable higher end and low bid growl). Although now sound like your kick's click has some reverb or something (not my preference tho). Also would be awesome if kick's sub punch could get through a touch more.

I think I've earned some word on my mix.

Yeah, man. Finally upload the wrong old version, sorry. I didn´t show you more to not saturate you :rofl:. I'm very bad with English, I would love to rate your mix but I´m afraid that I can´t express everything correctlybut I'll try later. Thanks for your criticism!

This is the last and final version, I swear!

Yeah, man. Finally upload the wrong old version, sorry. I didn´t show you more to not saturate you :rofl:. I'm very bad with English, I would love to rate your mix but I´m afraid that I can´t express everything correctlybut I'll try later. Thanks for your criticism!

This is the last and final version, I swear!

No problem, I have problems with English too.
BTW now I got it what could be wrong with your and felt odd. your slate drums are summed to mono (even rooms, toms are in middle not panned) and causing some weirdness on kicks high-end (maybe that's from phase canceling stereo OH of kick). + I don't remember if this midi has lot of doubled midi notes (causing doubled sample triggering = some phase canceling).

this is my quick try...
still need improve..

criticises are welcome...

I did a few lines really quick and did it all in one take and first try so theres a few mistakes. If anyone likes my vocals ill rerecord the whole song and upload the raws. oh and i only have a guitar hero mic aha

Code:
[url]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6181320/broken%20cross.mp3[/url]

thanks Im always curious if I would sound a lot different through a better mic. Heres my actual mix with the vocals you uploaded