Arcturus Split-up?

:OMG:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

FUCK!

I hope that be just for a while... maybe later they join again...

I wonder if this is relationed with the Hellhammer's joining to Dimmu...

if that was the reason, FUCK to DIMMU

well... I knew this yesterday listening La Masquerade Infernale....

:cry:

I wonder what Sverd will do now. Arcturus was his only musical outlet. Perhaps a new band from the Arcturus mastermind????

:headbang: HELL JAA!!! :headbang:

We want Sverd! We want Sverd! :p :) :kickass:

PS: I'm still not over it, I cried when I played "Ad Astra" yesterday :erk: :cry: .

i wonder why the hell they make a myspace page if they never update it. i'm referring to both arcturus and ved buens ende.

shame though, i hoped to finally seeing vbe live, as they promised an european tour after the release of the album. i wonder what their excuse is for splitting up once again..

An official statement on the matter is expected soon.
nearly two months have passed since that message and still no official statement? i mean.. come on!! don't they even care about their fans.. :erk:

First off, thanks Evildead and Alteredmindeath for finally proving to me that VBE is in fact over.

Second, man, I know how you feel. I've never been so personally upset about a band breaking up....

Yeah I feel exactly the same! It truly is a hard blow, and I too have never been so upset of a band splitting-up :erk: :cry: .

I even made an über-corny poem dedicated to the band, but no one seems to pay any attention to it :erk: :cry: .

It got to the point in which when I read I literally strat crying hehe :cry:, I'm quite the sensitive guy ye know? And Arcturus was one of my fave bands, so I've been really down lately. I feel better now but still... :cry: .

Yeah I feel exactly the same! It truly is a hard blow, and I too have never been so upset of a band splitting-up :erk: :cry: .

I even made an über-corny poem dedicated to the band, but no one seems to pay any attention to it :erk: :cry: .

It got to the point in which when I read I literally strat crying hehe :cry:, I'm quite the sensitive guy ye know? And Arcturus was one of my fave bands, so I've been really down lately. I feel better now but still... :cry: .

I liked your poem!!!!

I liked your poem!!!!

Ehhhhhhh thanks :) :p . :cry: .

Ahhh I feel better nowadays, kinda over it. No thats a lie, I will never be over it :erk: , not until they reunite :erk: :) . Which I hope is sometime soon :p .

I'm pretty sure they'll reunite at some point, as someone said most bands like this do so.

BUT lets take into account that both Simen and Hellhammer are in Dimmu, so that may affect a bit :erk: :cry: (define a bit :ill: ).

I wonder if this is relationed with the Hellhammer's joining to Dimmu

I heard that both Hellhammer and Simon intend on focusing more effort on Dimmu, thus their resignations from Arcturus.

Which I can't quite grasp unless it's a money related issue. I can't see Dimmu producing anything as talented as what the members of Arcturus accomplished.

Øjeblikket;6107331 said:
I heard that both Hellhammer and Simon intend on focusing more effort on Dimmu, thus their resignations from Arcturus.

Which I can't quite grasp unless it's a money related issue. I can't see Dimmu producing anything as talented as what the members of Arcturus accomplished.

I totally agree on this.
I also really found the new album to sound exactly the same as their previous album. Only Simen sings less and has a fuck load of electric in his voice. Seriously, I can't believe they'd give up something as beautiful as Arcturus for something as generic and boring as Dimmu, unless it was for the money.

It's really dissapointing that they would do it for Dimmu. Dimmu is a decent band, but Arcturus were a magnificent band! I just saw Dimmu tonight, they were pretty good, it was cool to see Simen and HH live!

Øjeblikket;6107331 said:

I guess Dimmu is big enough to enable all members to live comfortable form the money they make of it and Arcturus isn't.

Wow I wonder why did they took them out? I mean, we know the band is no more ( :erk: :cry: ), but still, they should leave both the phorum and page. Hmmmm most strange, certainly.

Don't worry guys :D

"Message from Patricia, Arcturus webmaster:

Hi to all Arcturus fans,
The Arcturus official website should be back soon, it's not because the band disbanded that the website will die, don't worry.

Too bad, there has been a misunderstanding, then a delay, with the norwegian domain names registration service, thus the name arcturus.no is for now on hold. Please be patient, it should be back in a few days. Just an admin thing to be solved by the registrar (one of the band member). Thanks for your understanding."

I'm sad because I always loved the sound of Arcturus, but one could actually see it coming. Sideshows Symphonies was very redundant and weak in comparison to the other 3 albums.

Patricia said:
The Arcturus official website should be back soon. there has been a misunderstanding, then a delay. it should be back in a few days. Just an admin thing to be solved by the registrar
did it really have to take almost two months to report that? that's pretty pathetic.