Arcturus Split-up?

Dimmu is also a far more active band, that probably has much to do with it too. I mean, I'm simply guessing here of course- but I imagine Dimmu's steadier tour & recording work is probably a motivating factor.

Well, Simen you did it again... you left Borknagar to join Dimmu, now you left Arcturus for the same shit and you and HH forced to broke up to the most legendary and greatest atmospherical/symphonic (avantgarde) black metal band of the history!... maybe to live in Norway is too expensive...

I'm so sorry for Sverd... I hope he keep making music so great and glorious like always he did.

I'm dreaming with a new Sverd band.... with Tore, Skoll and Knut. I hope that comes true some day...

^ Certainly... that'd be... awesome... :headbang: :) :) :) .

But we must not hope for a new Arcturus though, I'd really like to see him going onto different horizons *gets poetic :p *

And don't be so harsh on Simen, he did an awesome job with both Bork and Arc, he desrves as much fame and fortune as he wants. Because of him Dimmu is not such a bad band, it's obviously quite mediocre and comercial, but he rally helps out by not making it go to the "Cradle of Filth" point :lol: :p .

PS: I have been to Norway and believe me, it is really expensive. Finnland is more though :Smug: . And they have higher suicide rates... .

Hmmm....

Higher Cost of Living + Really Freaking Cold Country = High Sucide Rate

:erk: :p

As most of you guys gave already said: Damn...

That's a shame, I hope they'll play together soon

Well, Simen you did it again... you left Borknagar to join Dimmu, now you left Arcturus for the same shit and you and HH forced to broke up to the most legendary and greatest atmospherical/symphonic (avantgarde) black metal band of the history!... maybe to live in Norway is too expensive...

I'm so sorry for Sverd... I hope he keep making music so great and glorious like always he did.

I think it's a bit harsh to blame Simen and Hellhammer for the band splitting up. Arcturus has always had members doing other things and there was no real problem. Hellhammer's main band is Mayhem don't forget, not too mention all the other things he's done, and Garm was always doing Ulver and Borknagar- Simen was a permanent member of Borknagar and Dimmu Borgir before joining Arcturus.

So I doubt Arcturus broke up due to other projects, because there have always been other projects.

On another note, I was at the Melbourne gig, their last! :) So I have strangely bitter-sweet emotions about it all...

I think it's a bit harsh to blame Simen and Hellhammer for the band splitting up. Arcturus has always had members doing other things and there was no real problem. Hellhammer's main band is Mayhem don't forget, not too mention all the other things he's done

But he never had left Arcturus until he joined Dimmu Burger.

...and Garm was always doing Ulver and Borknagar
but Garm left Borknagar and Arcturus cause his musical direction is far from the black metal now...

Simen was a permanent member of Borknagar and Dimmu Borgir before joining Arcturus

Simen was a permament member of Borknagar until he joined Dimmu Burger... he tried to stay in both bands but finally he prefered DB, the same with Arcturus.

So I doubt Arcturus broke up due to other projects, because there have always been other projects

That's already confirmed. read the Arcturus's official statement.

On another note, I was at the Melbourne gig, their last! :) So I have strangely bitter-sweet emotions about it all...

well, I feel very bad cause Arcturus is one of my fav bands, not like DB... now I hate DB.

about you... congrats!

I wished to see Arcturus at last once in my lifetime...

borknagar_ said:
But he never had left Arcturus until he joined Dimmu Burger.
that's not true, because he was already considered a full-time Dimmu Borgir member at the time they recorded Stormblast, summer/autumn 2005.

Patricia said:
Just an admin thing to be solved by the registrar
that was posted one and a half month ago........ forum's still dead :zombie:

that's not true, because he was already considered a full-time Dimmu Borgir member at the time they recorded Stormblast, summer/autumn 2005.

Vortex has been a full member of Dimmu Borgir since 2000. He joined shortly after Spiritual Black Dimensions.

^ hm my bad, I thought borknagar_ was referring to Hellhammer.

That's right. As I said before, HH was always an Arcturus member, until he joined DB.

About Simen the real fact is he left Borknagar to join as a full-time member DB.

That's history. now Vintersorg is the man, and Borknagar with Mr V released the best black progressive album in history (Empiricism).

Lets not get of topic and lets keep crying * :cry: * about out sorry asses.

requiem said:
On another note, I was at the Melbourne gig, their last! So I have strangely bitter-sweet emotions about it all.

Man you're one lucky lad, I wonder if there's a bootleg of that gig? :err:

If anyone has it, please give it to me! :headbang: :) :kickass:

can someone tell me why Arcturus disbanded, and then why Simens joined CODE band ? Didn't he told he wanted to focus on Dimmu Borgir ? This as been months, But I still can't take Arcturus loss....

the bottom line is, they all felt like they should "stop at the top", which according to them was the Australian tour. Hellhammer can now fully concentrate on Mayhem and Dimmu Borgir, Simen has indeed joined <code> and will continue with DB as well. Kvohst, their previous singer wanted to fully concentrate on Dodheimsgard so they needed a new singer.
Mizu said:
But I still can't take Arcturus loss....
i'm with you man, it's tough for all of us. too bad the Arcturus forum IS STILL DEAD :cry: