Arcturus Split-up?

Is known that Arcturus is reuniting, and is known that Simen will be handling the vocals since he left Dimmu Borgir, now that Mustis is gone too. Hope it will mean a return to the original sound they used to have back in ´97.
it wasn't sure that Arcturus was reuniting. It were only rumors so far, and wishful thinking. Now he kinda hints here in that message that 2011 will be the magic year for Arcturus. I haven't heard this yet before and i wonder about the whole story behind this.

it wasn't sure that Arcturus was reuniting. It were only rumors so far, and wishful thinking. Now he kinda hints here in that message that 2011 will be the magic year for Arcturus. I haven't heard this yet before and i wonder about the whole story behind this.

I think the first info came when Simen wrote somewhere that he was meeting with Arcturus to discuss the future. Then rumors about Garm reuniting with Arcturus surfaced, to which Garm commented that there was plans for him joining Arcturus, but the situation Dimmu Borgir changed those plans.

*sigh*... yes i know all that, i just want to know more about that "2011 the lucky number for Arcturus" part :rolleyes: it sounds like there's more to it, i haven't seen previously this date mentioned in any of their blogs...

*sigh*... yes i know all that, i just want to know more about that "2011 the lucky number for Arcturus" part :rolleyes: it sounds like there's more to it, i haven't seen previously this date mentioned in any of their blogs...

Let's pray to Dagon for a new Arcturus album.

It's been a long time since last time I listened to that album, but yeah as far as I remember I also love it from beginning to end :)

I've been listening to ALOT of Arcturus lately... Damn I really want to see them back together again...I'm the only person I know who loves Sideshow from beginning to end.

Maybe in real life, yeah, a lot of people unfortunately aren't in Arcturus period, let alone SS... but as for me it's one of my fav albums of all time and I even own a hoodie and a longsleeve for SS. :lol:

i'm the only person i know who thinks Sideshow Symphonies is absolutely brilliant and definitely the best record Arcturus ever made (so far, i hope). Most people i know consider it their weakest record, something i never completely understood...

i'm the only person i know who thinks Sideshow Symphonies is absolutely brilliant and definitely the best record Arcturus ever made (so far, i hope). Most people i know consider it their weakest record, something i never completely understood...

Most people hate the production. Arcturus always had a crystal-clear kind of sound. At first I didn't like it for that, but it's a grower for sure and I love the bizarre dark atmosphere. The songwriting is brilliant IMO.

The other thing is the lack of keyboard presence/soloing. SS is more guitar-driven and that's weird, but a nice twist. On both songs with female vocals (SFP - ECD) Sverd truly shines. Moonshine Delirium has a nice piano interlude and Deamonpainter a great keyboard solo.

I'm actually listening SS more than Aspera these days and I can't stop hearing Evacuation Code Deciphered. I have to listen it each day at least once.

Anyways, the best thing about Sideshow Symphonies is:
hufsa.jpg

Most people hate the production. Arcturus always had a crystal-clear kind of sound. At first I didn't like it for that, but it's a grower for sure and I love the bizarre dark atmosphere. The songwriting is brilliant IMO.
that's exactly the reason i heard hundreds of times. I don't know, i just don't get it, i guess i just don't hear it... :rolleyes:

The other thing is the lack of keyboard presence/soloing. SS is more guitar-driven and that's weird, but a nice twist. On both songs with female vocals (SFP - ECD) Sverd truly shines. Moonshine Delirium has a nice piano interlude and Deamonpainter a great keyboard solo.
hmm i didn't notice lack of keyboard either... i think i'm gonna listen again paying more attention to it...

I'm actually listening SS more than Aspera these days and I can't stop hearing Evacuation Code Deciphered. I have to listen it each day at least once.
i love this song to pieces, the "two dried up bugs" part gives me goosebumps and tears of delight every time i hear it! ♥

and yes, Hufsa is fckin awesome too!! in fact, i fail to choose my fave song off SS, i absolutely love them all!

Well Dave, I guess you're not the only one loving Sideshow. It definitely is one of my favorite albums of all time.
I hope I can add Universal to that very limited list.

I agree 100%

Yeah I do love SS, I like Sham Mirrors more, but I do love SS, from beginning to end :p . Despite minor flaws like production, it's an excellent CD :headbang: .

I know, I ALWAYS fucking get my ears raped by those beeps at the beginning of each song...