Arcturus Split-up?

i guess some people might be even more pissed off because of the fact that North Americans never had the chance to see them live. but the Australians did ;)

^

. . .

I cannot believe this...

I actually felt a hole in my heart when I read the post.

Here's a copy:

Official statement from Arcturus :

A lot of rumours have been going around after our gig in Melbourne. Simen opened the concert with the words "Welcome to the last Arcturus-show ever". This is a decision we made some time ago. We all have a lot of things going on in our carreers and our lives, and therefore can not find the time to continue working with this band.

We are humble and grateful to all the people that have supported and loved us over the years.

Regards,

Steinar Sverd Johnsen
Hellhammer
Simen Haestnes
Knut Magne Valle
Hugh Mingay
Tore Moren

I still cannot believe this... .

I made this poem dedicated to Arcturus:

Arcturus

" Thee was the third brightest of them all,
yet the power to touch
our hearts, minds and souls,
was far more powerful and brighter than anything.

May the Symphony of Harsh Winters ever prevail
whilst dancing a Masquerade so Infernal
that even all The Shams will become true.

May the Shipwrecked Pionneers
join us forever in this
Eternal Infernal Dance on the way
ad astra, for they are
forever yours."

R.I.P? Arcturus: 1987-2007

PS: I wondr if there's a bootleg of the last concert?

Funny because I was talking to Tore, he told me they were going to record a new album sometime this year. I knew there had been rumours for quite a few days... since Simen mentioned it being the last show back in Australia. Man... this really is saddening. Borknagar if you dare spli up I'll go kill someone, it'll be your fault if someone dies... remember that and stay together please ;3

This..is like the worst news ever. They were so great together and released some awesome music.. Only saw them live once and I really hoped they would tour again..

R.I.P. Arcturus :cry:

don't worry. pretty much every great norwegian metalband decided to get back together some years after the split-up.

ved buens ende, emperor, immortal :headbang:

so ehh. i think it's not completely over (yet).

It would be wonderful if they at least released one more album, since they mentioned it so many times.....

It feels like a crime to not have more songs with Simen as lead vocalist. He was such a great addition to the band.

Ved Buens Ende already split up again..

Can you tell me how you found this out. I keep seeing people say that, but there's no actual news of it ANYWHERE. The official VBE myspace only has news of the fact that they are back together, and their record label's site only talks about them being back together and working on a new album. So PLEASE tell me, because I don't believe! :confused:

Can you tell me how you found this out. I keep seeing people say that, but there's no actual news of it ANYWHERE. The official VBE myspace only has news of the fact that they are back together, and their record label's site only talks about them being back together and working on a new album. So PLEASE tell me, because I don't believe! :confused:

I saw something from the band about it, the main article was DHG mostly though, I don't remember where and it was a month or two ago. Its sad, I wanted a new VBE album, and I figured they had it done already when I started hearing the rumors.

This is the statement made back on Feb 4th, so they may have changed their minds, I believe some info was available on the myspace page.

VED BUENS ENDE Calls It Quits - Again - Feb. 4, 2007 from BLABBERMOTH

The resurrected VED BUENS ENDE (Norwegian for "At the End of the Rainbow"), the Norwegian avant-garde metal band who split up in 1997 after after releasing only one full-length album (1995's "Written in Waters") through Misanthropy Records, has once again called it quits. An official statement on the matter is expected soon.