Are metalheads Smart???!!

Who the fuck knows? We can all agree that those that listen to country have a rather subtle retardation about them.

For every dumbass I meet at a show who shouldn't be trusted with breathing unassisted, I seem to find someone who can actually hold a decent conversation about something interesting like cryptography or quantum computing. I don't know about smarter as a whole, but I tend to find a lot more of the really tweaked mad-scientist types there than I do at classical or jazz concerts...

Jeff

yeah smart for listening to this board thats full of shit, most of the time now...wolftribe and his cohorts....

Some people are smart and some aren't. Others are in between. I don't believe music choice has anything to do with it.

i'd say metalheads are fairly average but i've had my share of idiots and smart ones. half the pople i see at concers are not very smart the other half anre, by frined going to be fucking graduating at 16 with my grade he gets like perfect grades but when yuor around he's pretty normal and doesn't seem really smart but he did developte that arrogant aura that seems to come with being really smart (and really fucking good at guitar for his age).

i'd say it's win-win but they are smarter than non-metalhead's think.

I think metal is one of the smartest types of music that kids listen to these days. I mean, since when do you think Britney Spears will make polyrhythmic songs.
You have to be quite smart to really understand what Scarve, Meshuggah and Strapping Young Lad for example are doing.
Sure, some metalheads are dumb and just listen to it for the aggression and have no idea of what the hell is going on, but those who listen to that technical metal stuff might be really smart compared to those who listen to pop and hiphop and that shit.
Metal and rock is one of the music genres with real music as well so those who plays metal and rock might be good musicians, thou those who are making hiphop and popstuff like britney spears are almost just horny and looking good... I think that says alot...

Who the fuck knows? We can all agree that those that listen to country have a rather subtle retardation about them.

Subtle?!
It's those damn Dolly Parton and The Shadows fans that dress up like Willie Nelson,
who's roots are braindead since the beginning of their existence!
That root, created the most violent country'tard i know. :yuk:

That same country'tard once said: " Metal is all about satan and spreads evil among the young. "
Well, I don't know if listening to metal creates intelligence but i do know,
it requires more brains to listen to metal than swallowing down regurgitated cowshit.
Atleast metal leaves something to think about ...
and this:
isthatabanjo.jpg

VS
Nevermore25082007-02.jpg

says more than enough.

:yell: And boy, do i hate the sound of steelguitars! :yell:

Only Devy_Metal is capable of taking the off-the-hook sarcasm of that statement seriously.