are you a METAL parent?

Hawk said:
It sure does! :) I would think that Tim needs a while to get used to the songs. Give him some time and then see them again. You might see a different presence on stage. Thanks for clarifying though! :wave:

Yeah I dunno, it wasn't just Tim's voice what bothered about that CD cuz I know IE could have done a lot better than that. And to be honest, before the concert I was sure he was going to suck! But of course he didn't... he just wasn't Matt ;) I had a good time there nonetheless :D

The saYer said:
congrats, your soccer team won their final in penalty kicks.

Thanks :D They're THE BEST!!! I waited 13 years for this! And the fact that they beat Guadalajara's ass is priceless! :hotjump:

tedvanfrehley said:
I just wondered how many of y'all are parents??? I have a little girl, Ella, who will be a YEAR OLD this July. Hard to believe...she's our first and it feels like she just got here.

Yeah, I have a six month old daughter and my impressions are the same as yours. I don't blast music around her at levels that might harm her ears, but I do listen to metal around her. She likes music already, and we listen to a lot of jazz and Baby Einstein stuff, but also my metal. I'll probably avoid stuff with obscene lyrics or gore lyrics, etc, around her, but otherwise I don't figure metal is bad for her at all.

Yngwie Malmsteen did an in store appearance when she was only a couple months old. As I was watching her that day, I took her along with me to meet the Yngster. He and I spoke a bit and the whole band commented on how cute she was. :headbang:

BTW, I have read that little kids' ears are very sensitive to high sound pressure levels. They just can't take loud music like older kids and adults can. So, not to be a wuss, but don't be stupid about blasting music around your kids.

The saYer said:
Hey congrats to all the metal parents!, your sons and daughters are lucky to be born into the metal world. And my last post just regaded my ideas about the subject.
best wishes for the family men, and women.

Hey, what a nice guy you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's hard to find someone with a heart into the Metal scene, so congratulations for that!!!!! :headbang:

Electronicoil said:
Yeah, I have a six month old daughter :headbang:

I really respect a man talking dearly about his family, is your wife into Metal too?
I don't have kids, I'm not ready for that, my boyfriend and I like to wait a long time before becoming parents. :Spin:

alondragothic said:
It's hard to find someone with a heart into the Metal scene, so congratulations for that!!!!!

Not sure bout that, I think there's a lot of "heart" in the oldschool forum here. Lot of people that care about things... ;)