Are You Finnish?

FINNS ARE NOT SCANDINAVIANS so we dont give a fuck about vikings and Valhalla

We're Skandinavians but not Vikings. Actually our genetics are mixed up with Swedes, Russians, Hungarians etc having sex with each other so we're just a nation of dumbfuck assholes who eat mämmi with reindeer and Koskenkorva and have a tendency for knives solving the problems, that's about all the magic there is to it. What's worth mentioning is we have free education and everybody has chances to become a medical doctor, surgeon, lawyer, whatever, but most are either too lazy or stupid or alcoholic or otherwise problematic to do that. :)

Whether or not Finns are Scandinavian depends upon which definition you accept, culturally, linguistically and historically Finland is part of Scandinavia. Geographically, only Northern Finland is and thus the only Scandinavian countries by this definition are Sweden and Norway.

Whether or not Finns are Scandinavian depends upon which definition you accept, culturally, linguistically and historically Finland is part of Scandinavia. Geographically, only Northern Finland is and thus the only Scandinavian countries by this definition are Sweden and Norway.

Well I prefer the strict definition. Maybe culturally+historically we are part of Scandinavia but not linguistically.

Anyway, enough about scandinavia-topic.

For some reason whenever I think of Finnland I think of Tokki from Dethklok and his family in Finnland.....or was it Scandinavia? Hmm???? Either way that is the image that pops up in my mind.

Would love to visit the place one day.

Next time your friend says you need a girlfriend, tell him no, I need a case of cold karhu beer and Finnish summer pussikaljailta.

For some reason whenever I think of Finnland I think of Tokki from Dethklok and his family in Finnland.....or was it Scandinavia? Hmm???? Either way that is the image that pops up in my mind.

Would love to visit the place one day.
Toki is from Norway and Skwisgaar is from Sweden, so both are Scandinavian.

And @ Joonas: that's the life, Karhu is my favourite beer!

Pussikalja...that's what you do when you're under 18 and cant get in to a bar and none of your friends can throw a party since mummy and daddy are home :p

Well not always. But when "adults" do it, you can always call it a picnic :D Ok, I have no idea why Im replying to this topic.
Anyway, now its juhannus. So Im off.

Finnish is a Finno-Ugric language and I have no idea where you got the idea it was close to Russian from.

Finnish and Estonian almost the same. Like Chinese you can never learn that shit properly unless you're born and raised there.