Votes: 32 38.6%
  • No reservations of any sort

Votes: 21 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Flight tickets.. I wish
Hotel.. I wish
Plans (=money) to buy a festival ticket when they get on sale.. I wish
Lottery ticket bought for this week's lottery draw.. check! :)

So definitely not ready at all for this year's festival - pretty sad, I know.

Gold badges - done!
Room at the Granada - done!

We usually wait a while for flights - same as everyone - get a good fare. Think we'll be headin' down to Bloomington to fly with Britt again this year though.

Got my res @ the Res...Just waiting on securing a good plane ticket..Can't book too early, can't book too late... It's always a gamble.....
:heh:

J-Dubya

Flight tickets.. I wish

Oh, Drewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..... :heh:

Hotel.. I wish

Well, if you can get here, you know that's taken care of. Probably three times over. :)

Plans (=money) to buy a festival ticket when they get on sale.. I wish
Lottery ticket bought for this week's lottery draw.. check! :)

So definitely not ready at all for this year's festival - pretty sad, I know.

I bought ten tickets for the Mega Millions lottery. Sheesh, it's a quarter of a BILLION dollars. :kickass:

If I win, free Ayreon tickets for everybody! :lol:

As for me, I have a res at the Res. Hope it doesn't get de-rezzed. :eek:

No airfare needed, but I live far enough away that commuting in for the show isn't really do-able.

Tickets? I don't need no steenkin' tickets! :heh:

i made reservations at the marriot thats close to that starbucks, which is about 3 blocks from the venue

i stayed there last year, and it was real nice, especially going to starbucks on my way to and from the concert.

My friends and I will be staying at the Residence Inn. GBs are set. We're driving up, so no need for plane reservations.

Gold Badges - Check
Airline and hotel strats - check
My future wife, on her first week in America, first trip to PP - check
Days off strategy - Will know on March 27, 2:45 PM. That is when this lowly NYC Transit employee gets to pick of the jobs left. Praying for PM Th/Fr with late job on Sunday.

Oh, the pain.....the pain.

Peace,
Ray C.

Have confirmation of 2 gold badges and am staying at the luxury villa aptly code named "Super 8". Nothing in the way of flight reservations yet although Dallas to Atlanta routes have lots of options.

This will be my first ProgPower festival and I'm looking forward to it immensely!

Any advice for a festival first-timer is appreciated!

Mail ordering a bride? :lol:

Not really. Actually, she is the Sister-in-Law of a co-worker. We have been in a long distance Relationship since last March. Went to Hong Kong and the Philippines to see her in January. I hope to have her here in the week before PP.

Peace,
Ray C.

We drive down from Ohio...No need to fly...Have been taking Tues. - Fri. off work the week of the Festival and the entire week off after the festival....
Been staying at Super 8 last 3yrs.saves more money for Merch and Party supplies..:kickass: See you all in 217 days:Smokin:

Have confirmation of 2 gold badges and am staying at the luxury villa aptly code named "Super 8". Nothing in the way of flight reservations yet although Dallas to Atlanta routes have lots of options.

This will be my first ProgPower festival and I'm looking forward to it immensely!

Any advice for a festival first-timer is appreciated!

Welcome to the wild, wacky world of PPUSA! "Come for the bands....stay, and keep coming back every year, because ProgPower attendees are so damned cool." :kickass:

1. Bring LOTS of cash. Predict what you think you'll need, and then multiply it by 125%. You WILL find things you'll want to buy.

2. Pace yourself. This has been covered in detail in prior threads, but remember that you'll have to deal with two full days of metal, lots of standing and walking back and forth from the venue. If you're coming in for the Thursday Showcase, then it's three days. Don't push yourself too far too fast early in the weekend. Wear comfortable walking shoes or boots.

3. Bring earplugs. Even if you decide you don't want to use them, it's better to be prepared. I won't go to a show any more without them.

4. Bring a Sharpie. Everyone should know where their Sharpie is.

5. Bring a small fanny-pack to put CD liners in to get autographs. Use something stiff, like a thinline CD jewel case, to keep them from getting messed up.

6. YMMV, but I avoid eating too much before a show. This is particularly critical if you plan on being on the front barricade all night, which, judging from your comments, might be the case on Friday. :headbang:

7. Bring a camera. Any film camera is allowed, so if nothing else, invest in a disposable camera or two. There will probably be moments that you'll want to capture forever, and not necessarily during the performances, either. Digital cameras are allowed only if they DON'T take video. Ye hath been warned.

8. We're a pretty fun bunch of folks. Don't be afraid to say 'hi'. There should be a photo montage of Forum members at the venue, so some of us will be recognizable. I may try to do name-tags this year again, if there's enough interest.

Anyone else? :lol: