ARE YOU READY FOR SOME (American) FOOTBALL!!!

speed said:
We have nothing else to talk about in Cincy. What's the big complaint about Chad? The guy is genuinely fun. and whats even more amazing is how good he is. He was double or triple covered by the Steelers the entire game. Every game he is double covered, and he still manages to get open and makes some ridiculous catches.

And Palmer is going to be better than Manning. He is bigger, stronger, more athletic, and in little over a year he has pretty much taken over the offense and become the no 1 passer in the NFL. Most of the game against the Steelers, he was calling the plays no huddle ala Manning. and remember the no huddle, and the quarterback audibles were first devised and created by a BEngal--Boomer Esiason.
I really have no beef with The Bengals or Chad Johnson...Edgecrusher is intent on making them the best team in the AFC and Super Bowl Bound, And I just don't see it. I say that if they didn't play such an easy schedule this season things would probably be different...As far as Chad Johnson goes...He's not "genuinely fun" Genuinely Talented?? Absolutley!! It's just too bad that he has to act like such an ass!! While you got hard working tough guys like...
T.J. , Rudi, Justin Smith, Odell Thurman, Etc...Who do their jobs as good as Chad does (Take away T.J. and Chad becomes a regular receiver) and don't feel the need to make a spectacle of themselves.

And saying Palmer will be better than Manning is WAY TOO BIG a statement to make now....Let him face a few tougher teams and even then I doubt it.
(And Being a Pats fan I hate Manning....But I am a realist!!)

T_man357 said:
I really have no beef with The Bengals or Chad Johnson...Edgecrusher is intent on making them the best team in the AFC and Super Bowl Bound, And I just don't see it. I say that if they didn't play such an easy schedule this season things would probably be different...As far as Chad Johnson goes...He's not "genuinely fun" Genuinely Talented?? Absolutley!! It's just too bad that he has to act like such an ass!! While you got hard working tough guys like...
T.J. , Rudi, Justin Smith, Odell Thurman, Etc...Who do their jobs as good as Chad does (Take away T.J. and Chad becomes a regular receiver) and don't feel the need to make a spectacle of themselves.

And saying Palmer will be better than Manning is WAY TOO BIG a statement to make now....Let him face a few tougher teams and even then I doubt it.
(And Being a Pats fan I hate Manning....But I am a realist!!)

Some people have different personalities. Chad likes attention. His teamates seem to have accepted his personality, so there are no problems. Not everyone must act the same.

Remember though, Palmer started last year and was injured after the 12 or 13 game. So basically he only has 20 or so games under his belt, and he leads the NFL in almost every statistical category. He has a hell of an arm, and much better touch than Manning, plus he is a bigger guy. Not only that, but in the last three games, he has started to master the no huddle audible offense like Peyton Manning--and it has scored well over 100 points in this time.

Peyton's first and second years were far from spectacular. And he still has yet to win a big game. But it is obvious he may be the best quarterback ever; he coaches the offense for chrissakes.

I dont see them in the Super Bowl because basically our defense consists of whether or not they will intercept the other team. If they dont, they cant stop anyone--even Baltimore.

I'm not the only one who is saying that the Bengals will go to the Superbowl. On ESPN's Monday Night Countdown, all 4 hosts listed their top 5 favorites for the 'bowl this season, and all 4 had Indy at #1 and Cincy at #2.

Edgecrusher said:
I'm not the only one who is saying that the Bengals will go to the Superbowl. On ESPN's Monday Night Countdown, all 4 hosts listed their top 5 favorites for the 'bowl this season, and all 4 had Indy at #1 and Cincy at #2.
Yeah, That means alot:rolleyes: Irvin who has obviously been hitting the crack pipe with Stu before shows..His opinion is valid...Are they hitting the crack pipe with you??? The Pats will go further in the playoffs then the Bengals will.....
And to borrow from your hero Chad...I GUARANTEE IT!!:D

T_man357 said:
Yeah, That means alot:rolleyes: Irvin who has obviously been hitting the crack pipe with Stu before shows..His opinion is valid...Are they hitting the crack pipe with you??? The Pats will go further in the playoffs then the Bengals will.....
And to borrow from your hero Chad...I GUARANTEE IT!!:D

I didn't say that it meant they were absolutely positively going to the Superbowl based on the opinions of those particular people, I was just pointing out that I'm not the only one talking about it.

Edgecrusher said:
I didn't say that it meant they were absolutely positively going to the Superbowl based on the opinions of those particular people, I was just pointing out that I'm not the only one talking about it.
Dude, of course I know you're not the only one saying it...
I'm betting the entire city of Cincinnati is saying it....But that doesn't make it right!! It's going to take a monumental defensive effort from any AFC team to stop The Colts march to the Super Bowl...And so far the only teams I see that are capable of the best effort are The Jags and The Broncos
(And The Pats if they have ALL their injured defensive starters back)

One Of The Bengals weakest spots all year has been the Defense!!
(As big a fan as you are...Surely you can admit that) And with such an important part of the game being a big liability against a team who's tearing it up on everyone (Except The Jags who lost 10-3 in week 2 IN INDY!!!)
I just can't see The Bengals going to the Big Show with that type of roadblock in front of them....

Keep an eye on Jacksonville this Sunday...Good things might happen:D

T_man357 said:
One Of The Bengals weakest spots all year has been the Defense!!
(As big a fan as you are...Surely you can admit that)

oh absolutely. case-in-point, they held the Steelers to under 100yds rushing, but Ben lit 'em up for well over 300yds passing.

So they FINALLY stopped the run game, but totally neglected pass coverage. I think by the end of the season they will find a balance. They seem to have learned well this season, from past mistakes.

Edgecrusher said:
oh absolutely. case-in-point, they held the Steelers to under 100yds rushing, but Ben lit 'em up for well over 300yds passing.

So they FINALLY stopped the run game, but totally neglected pass coverage. I think by the end of the season they will find a balance. They seem to have learned well this season, from past mistakes.
If they're fortunate enough to be playing Indy at anytime in the playoffs, all bets will surely be off...Because I think the so called "Experts" have over rated Indy's defense all year long....But unfortunatley for you and Bengals fans everywhere they probably won't be able to keep up with the offensive shootout they would be in for in Indy...So even if they're lucky enough to
#1 Make the playoffs. And #2 Beat teams like Denver, Jacksonville or even N.E. (All three of which I seriously doubt!!!) They won't be able to handle the Colts with their current lineup

Edgecrusher said:

Where were the Seattle Seahawks ranked?

I like the way that the Minnesota Vikings are finishing up. They just may.....not.....lose.....again.....this.....season!

The Winnipeg Warrior said:
Where were the Seattle Seahawks ranked?

I like the way that the Minnesota Vikings are finishing up. They just may.....not.....lose.....again.....this.....season!
Seattle was probably ranked 2nd....There's no way the Bengals should be ranked higher than them (Ask Cleveland..)

Brad Johnson has the Vikings winning and they should finish strong, with the Bears losing yesterday that put Minn only 1 game behind for the division.

Indy's going to go undefeated!!! I can't believe it...But it's true.
They know how lucky they are that they came to Foxboro after their Bye Week and while the Pats had so many injuries to the secondary it's not even funny...If The Pats are healthy when that game is played there's NO WAY that Indy wins in N.E.,... Keep an eye on the refs calls in the playoffs because I'm telling you the N.F.L. wants a Giants - Colts Super Bowl so they can cash in on the whole Brother against Brother drama (Think back to the beginning of the season, N.Y. Giants have already had 1 more home game than any other team in the league) they're going to try and make it happen.

Chad Johnson is a JACKASS!! Sorry Edgecrusher, But it's true...
He's now telling the media that the Bengals will beat Indy in the AFC Championship game...He's got to be the biggest retard in the league..Seriously don't they have to hire a certain amount of those people??
Talk about painting a huge bullseye on your team...It's just stupid..I honestly wonder if Marvin Lewis will let this noise go on next year..

Classic moment in the Pats - Bills game where Corey Dillon scores a TD on a run and hands the ball to the official, Randy Cross comments on how refreshing it is to see a TD scored without having to see someone acting like an ass after scoring it (He actually said "ASS" though not really a swear it's not something you hear from the color guys too often) So I'm guessing the retarded Chad Johnson celebration thing is wearing thin on people in the N.F.L. too....Which by the way he didn't have a whole lot to celebrate on Sunday did he??

Edgecrusher said:
I guess you Pats fans must be pretty gullible. Corey Dillon has you all fooled into thinking he's a "nice guy".
"Nice guy", "Mean Guy", "Guy who beats up his mother"...I don't really care if he helps us win another Super Bowl!!! The guy may not be the nicest guy (I really don't know) But he seems to want to win more than he wants to show off!!! And that's the type of attitude we like here in N.E.:Smug:

BasilisK 3 7 77 said:
Any of you guys play Fantasy on Yahoo this season?

What was your record/total points?

9-5........ 2133.27pts, Playoffs start this week and I'm in the 3rd spot

I don't know where I stand...my teams been just good enough to win all year
(And by that I mean no blowouts either way) We'll have to wait & see

Your league must have had custom scoring... the one I was in just used default.

My final stats:

Record: 12-2 (1st)
Fantasy Points: 957 (1st)

Doesn't look good for the playoff game though :erk: The #4 guy has some really favorable matchups and injuries and player situations could do me in...

Good luck in your game.

BasilisK 3 7 77 said:
Your league must have had custom scoring... the one I was in just used default.

My final stats:

Record: 12-2 (1st)
Fantasy Points: 957 (1st)

Doesn't look good for the playoff game though :erk: The #4 guy has some really favorable matchups and injuries and player situations could do me in...

Good luck in your game.

Awesome season you had bro!! Good luck to you too!!

T_man357 said:
Chad Johnson is a JACKASS!! Sorry Edgecrusher, But it's true...
He's now telling the media that the Bengals will beat Indy in the AFC Championship game...He's got to be the biggest retard in the league..

No, T.O. still has him beat.

MyHatred said:
Thought you might like to read this article about Millen that was in the Detroit News paper today . I love Detroit fans, we love to fight and we don't put up with shit:D .
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051215/SPORTS0101/512150374 :yow: Go to the home page also T-Man, they have some pretty funny pictures of Millen on it:D .

Damn dude!! That's a great article and an AWESOME Website!!!!
www.firemillen.com Every football fan should check this out....

I remember when he punched Pat Sullivan GM of the Pats in the mouth...That was classic stuff!! Millen was a good football player but man the guy couldn't manage an empty bldg!!! Steve, you got political connections...FIRE HIS ASS
:yow: :yow: :yow: