Arghoslent

First, there are two types of melo-death.

Type #1 - Gay shit like Soilwork, current In Flames, and the other 4578590378 clones (to be honest, I don't consider this death metal)

Type #2 - real melodic death like Vehemence, early At the Gates, etc.

I don't know which Arghoslent fall in, though.

Okay....let's see. I agree that Vehemence and AtG definitely do it RIGHT. I love them both but also hate the majority of melo death. That being said, Avulsed also do a great job at it, with a brutal edge like Vehemence. Arghoslent could be compared to Avulsed but less brutal and at times more "poppy" if that makes any sense. Like I said, its definitely good, just not essential.

J. said:
Type #1 - Gay shit like Soilwork, current In Flames, and the other 4578590378 clones (to be honest, I don't consider this death metal)
Actually, I think you'll find there are 4578590379 clones. :loco:

Since I've heard neither Vehemence or Arghoslent, I'll wait for that ape BWD to add his two cents.

Other Melodic Death Metal bands I am into, that are brutal vocals with melodic guitars and great solos are Ill Disposed, Symbyosis (a little prog), Without Grief, Theory in Practice, Infernal Method, Gardenian, Callenish Circle, Opeth, Disbelief, Darkane, Arsis, and Martyr.

Black Winter Day said:
the CD came, but i have yet to listen to it. i now own like 25 cds i haven't listened to yet. i rule.
Haha, we should start a colony on Mars. :Spin:

google.com, didn't see any other related ones though. Didn't search too hard though, were I sober I'd be able to pimp all over the net hardcore geek style and find them all. Maybe. :tickled: