Arghoslent

spaffe said:
Karl Wiechel says: Skivsamling.nu/Recordcollection.net is down due to performance issues.

I will put it back up as soon as these issues have been straightened out.

Sincerely,
Karl Wiechel

Which means listing them is too much of a hassle and frankly I don't have very great hopes of that page re-appearing. It's been on and off a lot lately :|
I'll make some sort of list when it's all done, though I wont rip all songs. Eg Arghoslent's split mates provided us with some really useless music :p
Okie dokie, tI'm not in a rush but I suspect you've got some stuff that I also have and I'm too lazy to rip (plus 95% of my rips so far suck more ass than a thai girlyboy on a pride festival)

I dont know what the fuck I was smoking (actually I do) in my earlier posts in this thread. I would go as far as saying that Arghoslent are in the top 10 best DM bands of all-time.

they rock. good stuff. a new album would be nice though. ,aybe they're still mourning their vinland winds friend that died.

From their website...

" Arghoslent is currently in the studio working on their 3rd album "Hornets of the Pogrom'. Songs include: "Swill of the Knaves", “In Coffles They Were Led”, “Terra Nullius”, "Manacled Freightage", "Dog and Broom", "The Grenadier", "Fodder for the Shoah", "The Eugenic Fumigant", etc..."

they rock. good stuff. a new album would be nice though. ,aybe they're still mourning their vinland winds friend that died.

They already annouced that they are in the studio working on their third album. It's to be named Hornets of the Pogrom and the songs include:
"Swill of the Knaves", “In Coffles They Were Led”, “Terra Nullius”, "Manacled Freightage", "Dog and Broom", "The Grenadier", "Fodder for the Shoah", "The Eugenic Fumigant

From their website...

" Arghoslent is currently in the studio working on their 3rd album "Hornets of the Pogrom'. Songs include: "Swill of the Knaves", “In Coffles They Were Led”, “Terra Nullius”, "Manacled Freightage", "Dog and Broom", "The Grenadier", "Fodder for the Shoah", "The Eugenic Fumigant", etc..."

Indeed. The main reason for the bump.:kickass::kickass:

OK fair enough if you *honestly* believe their music stands out from the crowd of 3 million other melodic death metal bands without the need of the gimmick to get you to notice them in the first place.

So who else readily musically resembles Arghoslent, JK? Not that I'm batshit crazy over the band, but I think their praise is merited.

OK fair enough if you *honestly* believe their music stands out from the crowd of 3 million other melodic death metal bands without the need of the gimmick to get you to notice them in the first place.

I don't listen to bands for their beliefs or what they write about. Hell, I rarely read the lyrics of any metal band, if at all. If I like something I'll listen to it.

So who else readily musically resembles Arghoslent, JK? Not that I'm batshit crazy over the band, but I think their praise is merited.

Yeah, Incorrigible Bigotry really does have something special that sets it apart from most melodic death I've heard.

Well, if the music really does stand up for itself then I'm more than perfectly willing to give it another shot. When I heard it, I thought that it was above average and not exactly as magnificent or revolutionary as everyone had been saying. :confused:

Thing is, when people say this is top 10 of all time in DM, etc etc, meaning it stands shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Morbid Angel, Death, Carcass, Entombed, etc then I tend to think, yes, it might be a tad overrated. o_O o_O

But hey, I'll happily listen again. Anyone care to tell me what specifically I should be listening out for? Are there any particular trademarks or ability in songwriting that makes it standout? A little spoon feeding here please. :cool: