Arise and Purirfy

No, I mean the man whos vocals on Dreaming Neon Black kept me from committing suicide.

Now fuck off, I was talking to WD, not you.

I'd be willing to bet that Warrel thinks you're one of the creepiest 'fans' he's ever encountered. He performed well on DNB. He (supposedly) stopped you from hurting yourself. I'm glad. But that doesn't mean he owes you anything. Stop being a psychopath about it.

Hmm. If anything we can all stop being creepy fans and just support Sanctuary this year. BUY their album. I know I'll get it physically myself. And put in money to see them within 6 hours of where I live.

Honestly we just need to support WD's music.

Hmm. If anything we can all stop being creepy fans and just support Sanctuary this year. BUY their album. I know I'll get it physically myself. And put in money to see them within 6 hours of where I live.

Honestly we just need to support WD's music.

I'll buy the album! And if they comme to Paris (France, not Tx :rolleyes: ), I'll buy tickets to see them live. It's just that this forum is haunted by psychopaths, however loyal fans they are.

Great interview with Warrel, lots of interesting details.

Warrel the novelist. Think about that.

And Warrel, is Jim really working at that little cafe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like classic Sanctuary with modern production! Exactly what I was hoping for. This sounds like it could have been on ITTMB and stood up to the best of the best classic songs!

Congrats Warrel! Its fucking amazing! Anyone who compares this to NM is a fool.

Sounds like classic Sanctuary with modern production! Exactly what I was hoping for. This sounds like it could have been on ITTMB and stood up to the best of the best classic songs!

Congrats Warrel! Its fucking amazing! Anyone who compares this to NM is a fool.

LMAO. You should watch the video linked above (around 6:30) and then consider retracting that statement. :lol:

nice interview, he sounds genuinely happy. and i liked this line...'the back door is still open...'

I think it was just "th-that door is still open".

I think it was just "th-that door is still open".

Maybe, but Warrel needs to chill on the six-string comments like this:

"This is a very modern-sounding record with roots still firmly planted in old-school six-string metal and I gotta give him creds for that."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sanctuary-films-frozen-video-photos-available/

I've seen more than one six-string comment in recent interviews, and sooner or later Jeff is going to feel insulted. Quite frankly I agree with Warrel and wish Jeff would put the stupid thing away, but he's wedded to it. That's not going to help keep the door open.

Maybe, but Warrel needs to chill on the six-string comments like this:

"This is a very modern-sounding record with roots still firmly planted in old-school six-string metal and I gotta give him creds for that."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sanctuary-films-frozen-video-photos-available/

I've seen more than one six-string comment in recent interviews, and sooner or later Jeff is going to feel insulted. Quite frankly I agree with Warrel and wish Jeff would put the stupid thing away, but he's wedded to it. That's not going to help keep the door open.

Well, if Jeff gets insulted that's sorta his problem, isn't it? He left Nevermore because he wanted to be Yngwie Sevenstring and be a guitar hero. As soon as he picked up the seven string, the albums became much more solo-based and less song-based. The riffs were there to just play along with the drums instead of having a life of their own, as if they were just really long buildups to the solos, as if vocals to him were just an afterthought. Every album had some great tunes on it, however.

This is just my opinion, but seven strings don't belong in thrash metal. They just muddy up everything. When tuned that low, riffs need to be slow, fat, and heavy. Doom. If you want to play fast, then it's either Meshuggah or death metal. And then to tune down another half-step from B to Bb? It all just becomes a chocolate mess.

Still love me some EoR, though.

Well, if Jeff gets insulted that's sorta his problem, isn't it? He left Nevermore because he wanted to be Yngwie Sevenstring and be a guitar hero. As soon as he picked up the seven string, the albums became much more solo-based and less song-based. The riffs were there to just play along with the drums instead of having a life of their own, as if they were just really long buildups to the solos, as if vocals to him were just an afterthought. Every album had some great tunes on it, however.

This is just my opinion, but seven strings don't belong in thrash metal. They just muddy up everything. When tuned that low, riffs need to be slow, fat, and heavy. Doom. If you want to play fast, then it's either Meshuggah or death metal. And then to tune down another half-step from B to Bb? It all just becomes a chocolate mess.

Still love me some EoR, though.

And I agree with you. One of my favorite later Nevermore songs is "Create the Infinite," and it's performed on a six string. All of my favorite albums feature six strings, DNB being one of them. Jeff fell into his djent rut because he didn't have a strong second guitarist to drag him out of it. I've wondered what the band would have sounded like had Calvert never left because he wasn't into seven string and he had a strong influence on Jeff, based on Jeff's comments in interviews.

I'm just saying the constant references to how good six strings sound comes off as a jab at Jeff, that's all.

the interview ...like the aircraft controller vox in it its a laugh. classic wd.,

And I agree with you. One of my favorite later Nevermore songs is "Create the Infinite," and it's performed on a six string. All of my favorite albums feature six strings, DNB being one of them. Jeff fell into his djent rut because he didn't have a strong second guitarist to drag him out of it. I've wondered what the band would have sounded like had Calvert never left because he wasn't into seven string and he had a strong influence on Jeff, based on Jeff's comments in interviews.

I'm just saying the constant references to how good six strings sound comes off as a jab at Jeff, that's all.

Maybe they would...who knows? I have the sneaking suspicion that this is kinda sorta maybe what broke up NM in the first place, the diverging paths. It's just speculation, though.