Art Thread

Stormie, a beautiful drawing as usual :) Ditto on the scar I love how you handled it. Every time I look at your work I see a little more improvement every time. Great job!

Jace, your cross hatching is so unique, I know what you mean I despise using it, because it's a pain. But, I think you really stuck it to your teacher for making you do this, and I dare to guess that you have a more original style of hatching then anyone in your class. I'm also realizing your real name is Emily. Damn you! LOL j/k Well now I've been calling you Jace so long that I cannot stop, so there :p lol

Shapeless, Black and white photo's have always been my favorite over color. Skies are also dreamy this way. Great pics!

Rox, I love your hair color! I tried to dye my hair blue black when I was 17-18, But It didn't work because I don't have good hair like you :lol: If you got the curl up one day, and the Janis Joplin frizz look the next, it don't look so good in black hehehe.

Stormo: good job!! Who is the girl, do you know her? :)
Thanks! Like I said:

Commander Shepard, my Mass Effect character.
I built her myself. The screenshot I based it on:
FemShep.jpg

Mass Effect allows you to build your own character from scratch, kinda like Oblivion. It takes a lot of fiddling with sliders to get it right.

My next one will be Ashley Williams. Because, as one intrepid Anonymous put it, "Ashley puts the ass in Mass Effect."
Ashley.jpg

Worked on the values of Cmdr. Shepard a bit.

813Shepard.jpg

812Shepardhigh.jpg

Which one is best?

The first one, I think. It has more value contrast like the image it's based off.

Jace, your cross hatching is so unique, I know what you mean I despise using it, because it's a pain. But, I think you really stuck it to your teacher for making you do this, and I dare to guess that you have a more original style of hatching then anyone in your class. I'm also realizing your real name is Emily. Damn you! LOL j/k Well now I've been calling you Jace so long that I cannot stop, so there :p lol

Lol, you can call me Jace, Emily, Em, etc. I answer to 'em all.

Our current project is taking two grayscale photos of people with strong side-light and converting everything to black and white by hand using india ink.

Mine's Clint Eastwood and John Wayne. But I completely messed up Wayne's right side. I just bought some white india ink to mask it... I hope it works.

Worked on the values of Cmdr. Shepard a bit.

813Shepard.jpg

812Shepardhigh.jpg

Which one is best.

I think you should do this excercise that I did in one of my art classes back in the day.
what you'll do is turn one of the pics black and white... Print it. Cut it in half, Glue onehalf to a piece of paper. use the other only as a referance then try to complete the drawing. It really helps with values, Shading... etc.