Artsy shit people find brilliant...You not so much.

BEGOTTEN is the creation myth brought to life, the story of no less than the violent death of God and the (re)birth of nature on a barren earth. Astounding and baffling critics and audiences alike, BEGOTTEN was named one of the Ten Best Pictures of 1991 by Time Magazine. Time's Richard Corliss wrote: "Nobody will get through BEGOTTEN without being marked... BEGOTTEN is a spectacular one-of-a-kind (you wouldn't want there to be two), filmed in speckled chiaroscuro so that each image is a seductive mystery, a Rorschach test for the adventurous eye." In production notes for the film, director Merhige commented, "Each shot in the film went through hours of preparation to achieve the look you will experience when viewing... the etheral "pulse" that hypnotically permeates the film. It took over ten hours to re-photograph less than one minute of selected takes."

OK. So where can I buy this movie? It goes for a pretty fair amount on Ebay. Anybody have any other ideas?

For the record: Dick's poetry is some of the best stuff I've read in my life. No joke, and I'm not trying to suck up or anything like that. It's just GOOD.

Sorry if you weren't trying to draw attention to yourself, Justin.

As I said, I still want to open up a small publishing company some day to release stuff like this. He'll be first on the list...

lurch70 said:
hehe ... so it's already purchase worthy?

Mostly because it is "unknown" as to when it will be in stock at Netflix, and considering it is OOP, I'm assuming it will never be in stock.

Plus, I could apperently resell it for a nice price on Ebay.

my teachers always told me a i could be a great writer but for some reason i've had this weird antipathy towards committing any serious thought to paper for the past three years or so

of course i have probably written hundreds of pages of forum postings and other frivolous internet correspondence since then...

I wrote a final essay on the book "Night" for my UCONN english course, and I got a 97/100 on it while none of the others even broke 80/100. Did it in one night... didn't even read the book. How's that for great writing?

Nate The Great said:
Mostly because it is "unknown" as to when it will be in stock at Netflix, and considering it is OOP, I'm assuming it will never be in stock.

Plus, I could apperently resell it for a nice price on Ebay.

true enough

MFJ said:
I wrote a final essay on the book "Night" for my UCONN english course, and I got a 97/100 on it while none of the others even broke 80/100. Did it in one night... didn't even read the book. How's that for great writing?

haha, i used to do that too :cool:

Gummo is another movie that a lot of people hated. I was glad I watched it, and I fully appreciated it, but I'll be damned if I'm watching it again. That movie was painful . . . in a weird way. I'm assuming that's what Begotten is like.

Mormagil said:
haha, i used to do that too :cool:

hahaha yeah. I didn't do any work in the class for a straight 2 months, and I managed to pull a "C" for a final grade. The administration fucking freaked out on me when I told them I wanted to drop the class mid-year because I didn't have the work ethic to do the assignments. :)

I saw Gummo, was not bad ...

I think whats his names movies are sicker .. the guy who did Kids, etc.

no ... the guy/girl Harmony Korine that wrote most of the stuff that the Kids guy directed ... well Harmony directed gummo