AS UM Forum Compilation

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
I had a idea to promote our bands worldwide.

It is very easy. We can do a forum members' compilation(s) (as many Volumes as needed), with artwork and info about the bands, like any other compilation out there.
It would be free and downloadable...hosted somewhere.
Then when it is releleased, we could advertise and promote it in every band's website.
This way, people from different countries could download this compilation and listen to your bands, we could share our fans.

Do you like the idea or should I get the fuck out?

yehaa!!

but : is this gonna be a 500+ bands sampler :)
how many bands do you wanna include ?

We only need:

- Title for the album(s)
- Leader: Who takes this forward (Sorry guys, I'm too busy this summer)
- Bands: Bio, Pic, Logo, 1 Song
- Masterer: Someone who normalize all songs to the same loudness.
- Designer & Artist: To do the booklets and cover (no need to be something very complex)
- Website & Hosting: Some free hosting and a basic website would be ok.

Then we could promote the albums everywhere on internet and even with teasers on youtube.

This sounds like a great idea. If we have bands/production from people here as well as someone different from the board to mix individual songs I can see alot of exposure coming from this. With the right promotion, bands will have in increase in fanbase and some people may get work and future projects from this. I'd like to help anyway I can.

I suuport this idea, it would be a shitload of bands but it would still be awesome. I have a song ready to be released as a single before doing a full Ep so that song would be in.

About a leader, well I´m kinda busy and already have enough work organizing the Dio tribute (which has some songs well underway and soon to rock the world)

how about 1 compilation per vague genre each one managed by one person who particularly loves the genre (i.e. gareth for sludge/doom/drone), and then a double disk "best of" covering the whole spectrum as voted for by all forum members?